BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: Sprinter 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to boofies
(Thread Starter)
Sprinter wheels and tyres

Hi folks ,this is my firs time . I have a problem with a set of wheels and tyres that i have bought and fitted to my 2003 sprinter 216. camper conversion.I have fitted a set of allesio top 6.5x16 et 50 alloys with what seems to be the only tyres the tyre commpany would fit ,matador aquila 97h extraload mp41, 225x55x16. the rolling ratio is 68.1
I have done about 3000 miles and both the inner and outer surfaces of the front tyres are wearing through the tread while the main tread looks untouched. It looks like underinflation but they are inflated to 47psi, max inflation on tyre walls is 50psi. I am asumming that these tyres are to light, my questions are is there a tyre that is man enough to fit these wheels or would it be better to change to bigger wheels and tyres bearing in mind the rolling ratio..Can any of you knowledgable people advise.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:45 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 300GD LWB + SWB 1985 , 300GE 463 LWB AUT.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Sprinter wheels and tyres

Well the tyres you´ve got on those 6.5 x 16 wheels are a bit out of size, max you can go is 215 x 75 x 16 or even better a 195 R 16 C. now this 195 is the perfect tyre as its got max miameter and remember when you buy tyres they have to be special load tyres. atleast 8 ply tyres. I can recomend continental Vanco tyres. they are good infact excellent. but if you want a wider tyre then the 215 would be max you can go but there is also the 205 x 75 x 16 which should also be an ideal tyre. but consult a tyre shop and they will be more than happy to help you out. by the way cheap tyre are no good.

Note : Minimum 8 ply rating tyres and side wall renforced for example continental VANCO tyres.[:)]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44_1507441_612200545023PM.jpg (31.8 KB, 128 views)

1983 280GE later converted to 300GD still have it

1985 300GD LWB still have it

1985 300GD SWB still have it and
undergoing recondition.

1997 V 230 TDI TREND still have it and getting ready for a long camping tour in Austraia and Italy july august 2005.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: