LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 12:18 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: 2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Rear-Seat Entertainment System

There is no information on Steve's web site that mentions he sells any of the parts you listed here for the W211. He only says more information will be posted later regarding the HU and does not mention prices or availability at all. He needs to get that information out so there is an alternative to MBDoctor's prices that can be seen.

I have been aware of Steve and Wanda's services for some time and have communicated with them frequently in the past regarding other parts they offer but they missed a chance to sell me a HU because their web page did not even mention they had Euro DVD head units fitting the W211 for sale and MBDoctor has been selling them for some time both through his web page and on eBay. If Steve would like to sell me the rest of the parts to put the rear screen in, he needs to let me and everyone else know that MBDoctor is not the only place to get those parts from. Your previous message is the first information I have seen that Steve even offers those parts or can get them.

Potato Chip, custom canuter valve, low-friction muffler bearings, synthetic turn signal fluid, Hi-Definition Progressive Scan Wiper Blades.
Law-makers are supposed to regulate in the interest of the public as opposed to regulating in the interest of the regulated party.
If it says Pratt and Whitney on the outside it better say Martin Baker on the inside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 05:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: W203 modified
Send a message via MSN to miroj Send a message via Skype™ to miroj

Quote:
n5160u - 6/18/2005 4:18 AM

There is no information on Steve's web site that mentions he sells any of the parts you listed here for the W211. He only says more information will be posted later regarding the HU and does not mention prices or availability at all. He needs to get that information out so there is an alternative to MBDoctor's prices that can be seen.

I have been aware of Steve and Wanda's services for some time and have communicated with them frequently in the past regarding other parts they offer but they missed a chance to sell me a HU because their web page did not even mention they had Euro DVD head units fitting the W211 for sale and MBDoctor has been selling them for some time both through his web page and on eBay. If Steve would like to sell me the rest of the parts to put the rear screen in, he needs to let me and everyone else know that MBDoctor is not the only place to get those parts from. Your previous message is the first information I have seen that Steve even offers those parts or can get them.
http://groups.msn.com/mbenznl/instal...nw?albumlist=2

I fully understand the problem in relation to prices. MB DOCTOR covers his butt with insane prices, the price can vary greatly from Euro version to USA version car, from 2003 cars to 2005 cars and from cars with Parktronic and those without. Given most people get irrate when they are charged more than the web based estimate (e.g. Kits starting from $3,500 USD .... and so on.) then it becomes pointless as there are two factors.

1/ The cost to install it in YOUR car with YOUR build

2/ The cost of labour

Steve does not sell rear screens or offer them as a kit. He only installs them as part of a total package deal. The price of certain parts varies greatly on the size of the deal because of "same time" labour savings.

I would take a guess in suggesting that you dont equate Steve's guru status with being able to do everything to a car. It takes more than club membership to get that good at technical details, more like experience.

Modz ... enjoy the difference. www.benzmodz.com
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 02:01 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: 2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350

I am well aware of Steve's "Guru" status but I am also a buyer who has been burned before. MBDoctor has high prices but also is a known seller of parts on eBay with many happy customers. That greatly influenced my decision to buy from him because there was NOTHING on Steve's web page indicating he had ever sold or installed even one single unit. If there had been any indication he had sold any units for my car I would have likely have made the purchase from him because of his systems knowlege and commitment to helping others. If he had included a simple statement on his web page saying "The cost of upgrade kits may vary depending on the market the vehicle was originally sold in, and the level and type of OEM equipment originally installed. Please contact us for further information." I would have asked about buying the parts from him first before even considering a purchase anywhere else.

Potato Chip, custom canuter valve, low-friction muffler bearings, synthetic turn signal fluid, Hi-Definition Progressive Scan Wiper Blades.
Law-makers are supposed to regulate in the interest of the public as opposed to regulating in the interest of the regulated party.
If it says Pratt and Whitney on the outside it better say Martin Baker on the inside.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 06:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: W203 modified
Send a message via MSN to miroj Send a message via Skype™ to miroj

Quote:
n5160u - 6/19/2005 6:01 AM

I am well aware of Steve's "Guru" status but I am also a buyer who has been burned before. MBDoctor has high prices but also is a known seller of parts on eBay with many happy customers. That greatly influenced my decision to buy from him because there was NOTHING on Steve's web page indicating he had ever sold or installed even one single unit. If there had been any indication he had sold any units for my car I would have likely have made the purchase from him because of his systems knowlege and commitment to helping others. If he had included a simple statement on his web page saying "The cost of upgrade kits may vary depending on the market the vehicle was originally sold in, and the level and type of OEM equipment originally installed. Please contact us for further information." I would have asked about buying the parts from him first before even considering a purchase anywhere else.
This information you claim to need isnt on any website in the world. A custom fitment is truly CUSTOM. How you would benefit from knowing this is truly meaningless. I have a number of clients who want to know exactly how the installation will take place and after 2 minutes wished they had never asked. I would say that you never even bothered to ask for one opinion or one overall quote from Steve but you state you are aware of his strong position in the market. Are you really a customer of MBENZNL or a stooge for MBDOCTOR. Since you contradict yourself about 3 times in the above post.

If you are willing to present the argument that these mods have sky-high prices then at least reconcile that "I can see it on the web clearly" must cost more and anyone foolish enough to shop on the web will be denied the combined savings of a package deal.

Modz ... enjoy the difference. www.benzmodz.com
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 10:43 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to Neema

If you choose to install youself, you can get screens for about $100 each, or high quality top of the line ones for $300-400 each, plus a dvd player and proper wiring will run about $1000 for parts for a professional setup. It is not that hard to install and make it look good. I can give you some pictures of the process and how tos.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 07:35 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2005

www.elitemotorsportz.com has everything that you need to trick out your ride..if you need any assistance please feel free to hit the contact us option on the top right we will get back to you within 24 hours.
thank you,,steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in