Date registered: Nov 2002
Vehicle: 10 GLK 350 4Matic
Location: Sonoma County CA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
RE: 1990 300E water pump replacement
More details might be useful. Are you experienced with this type of repair?
In general, it is not a difficult job with the right tools.
- Remove radiator hoses - capture old coolant
- Remove trans cooler lines and plug with stopper
- Pull shroud, pull radiator
- Remove clutch fan assembly
- Loosen belt
- Remove pump assembly. You may have an impeller
assembly you can pull from the center of the pump
housing and avoid a complete pump replacement
- Reverse steps
Now: 2010 GLK350 4Matic Then: 2003 C320 4Matic, 2006 E320 CDI, 2000 E320, 1994 E320, 1991 190E, 1985 300D, 1983 300D
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."