Mercedes USA problems? In for service 22 times in 2 years - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 09:21 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: May 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Mercedes USA problems? In for service 22 times in 2 years

I love how years ago Jurgen Hubbert declared "quality" would be at the top of the charts by 2006 several years ago. "Quality" covers material durability, fit and finish, and consistant functionality with all systems go.

Guess what? They are still using the same garbage lines today to make the consumer THINK that they are buying a better, more resolved product.

Meanwhile, as Mercedes Cars profits slide, DCX pours it's heart and soul into Chrysler. The board released the one who oversaw the construction of the Chrysler 300C and Magnum wagon. The one who was considered to reassume the helm of Mercedes from Schrempp.
He's gone because of his radical propositions of bringing Mercedes' status back to prestigious territory.

OH HEAVEN FORBID!
Costs too much money. Can't have that. Cutting model lines, reverting to cost-plus-profit methods. What a nightmare![:(!]

I could go on and on. But it's going to get a lot worse, before it gets better. Especially with the dealer's arrogance and the common lackluster aptitude in regards to consumer complaints.

Mercedes was Number 1 in JD Powers for years in the mid - late 80's and the early 90's. Above Subaru, Toyota, Honda, whatever. That was in customer satisfaction levels. People bought what they expected to buy. -Fin-

Sorry for my rant...Continue your discussion unflustered.[:)]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 03:30 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: E320

Quote:
jzaroh - 3/27/2005 11:21 PM
Sorry for my rant...Continue your discussion unflustered.[:)]
Well, I'm not flustered but my flabber sure is gasted!

'99 E320 (bought 2/05 w/27K certified miles)
'04 V70R 300hp stock before chip, downpipe, etc
'00 Taurus
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2005
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
malibuite - 3/26/2005 1:04 AM

Probably not a good idea to have waited this long. All states have a Lemon Law but it typically must be exercised within 1 year of taking delivery on the car or within 1 year of the expiration of the warranty, whichever comes first. Here is a link to Colorado's law but it may be too late.

http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/CO_lemonlaw2.html

I would still contact your State Attorney General's Office and your state Consumer Affairs Office for help. At this point, MB is not going to do anything more without being prodded.
Well, we bought the car used and were told it did not fall under the lemon laws :(

We have also had a loaner C240 from the dealer for over a month now and it has leaked oil all over my garage floor.

This is very frustrating. I just may try the full page ad suggestion. Something needs to be done. I am not sure why a consumer that pays for a product, is allowed to continue paying while the product is defective and in the hands of the dealer. And Mercedes USA has been rude, neglectful, and heartless in our cause.

Would a call the the BBB and a consumer advocacy group be worth it?
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)

***Update***

So, the car has been at Mercedes of Litleton, CO since Feb 22. Still not back in our hands yet. Here is what I know so far:

They have replaced all of the O2 sensors

They have cleaned and reconnected ALL ground points on the chassis

They have replaced the fuel cap, 2 times now

They have replaced the supercharger and belt

They are in the process of replacing the ENTIRE wiring harness.

They have also replaced all kinds of sensors and a myriad of other parts, numerous times.

At what point in the process of this car being worth $0 for resale do I have any rights? Why has Merc put this much time and money into this car? They have now put more money into it than we actually owe, more than the car is worth. And they show no signs of buying it back from us, or even giving us back our payments for the months and months we have not had it.

Has ANYONE had any experiences like this before? I am looking for any kind of inside info, anything that can help us get out of this car, recoup our rightful costs, and move on.

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 03:02 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

This is the kind of thing that scares me when considernig a used MB purchase. Are there no independent garages in the area that might give better service than the dealership or is it still under warranty and seeing them might void it?
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)

The car is still under an extended MC warranty. Problem is, we no longer want this car. It has no resale value now that they have had it for as long as they have and replaced as many parts as they have. We can't even break even on a trade-in for it. We just want it gone and we want back any money we paid into it on payments while they had it. It is not right that we have to pay for the 122 days we have not had this car. Insurance as well.

Anyway, thanks for the help you guys. I guess i am going to have to look elsewhere for some advise on how to resolve this. Maybe a lawyer or consumer rights forum.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 10:01 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: SLK 350 MT

Try Kimmel and Silverman at 1-800-LemonLaw, or their website.They have a lot of MB experience.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 10:43 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Apr 2005

Next time, buy a Lexus.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 03:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 01 SLK 320 MT6

I believe 98 was a first year for SLK in US. When you buy a first year you buying a "public beta" version of a car.

You may want to give another dealer a try.

Kirill
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 03:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 01 SLK 320 MT6

Quote:
It is not right that we have to pay for the 122 days we have not had this car. Insurance as well.
Did they provide you with a loner ? If they give your monthly payment back - do you want to pay 50$/day for loaner usage ?

It basically a purchase of a used car - you can get a POC, or you can get a jewel. Doing your homework sometimes helps. It can happened with Mercedes, Ferrari, Ford or Hundai. Except Ford wouldn't give you a loaner while having your car in their shop.

Kirill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in