BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: 350 SLK
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Teleaid- to be or not to be!

Quote:
BobbyD - 3/22/2005 7:03 PM

I didn't think past my nose on this one...so SOS won't work unless your signed up for teleaid.

the idea of having it seems comforting- even if it's used for asking directions- I guess you could ask for directions and not feel too stupid about it, especially if your alone.
You don't use the SOS button to ask for directions. It is for emergencies only. There are two other buttons for TeleAid. One has a wrench on it and is for roadside service and one has an "i" on it that you use for questions, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 07:47 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2003

malibuite,
Just wanted to say I like your signature.

'08 C300 Sport/Barolo Red/Gray-Black Leather/6 SP/AMG Wheels/iPod/P2/MultiMedia/Tele Aid
'09 Pasion Coupe/Gray Metallic/Black Tridion/Comfort Package/Solid Roof/Premium Sound/Fog Lights/Clock-Tach/Anti-Theft/Navigation/Bluetooth
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 07:09 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2005

I just bought the CLS55 AMG and having gone with the Teleaid option PLUS the Concierge option, I can tell you it is well worth the money. Basic Teleaid is free for the first year and includes SOS for Roadside Assist or other emergencies. Concierge service and for an additional $200 or so you get a world of value.

For example, you can call to have Concierge book tickets to a ballgame, a top notch restaurant, movie tickets and a whole host of other goodies. Further, if you're ever lost and nav isn't operable or just can't find the address, Concierge services will walk you through directions turn by turn. I've also got a profile of my daily commute loaded into the Teleaid website so that each morning I simply phone them up and get a custom, up to the minute report on traffic problems. Finally, I can call Concierge and they will place a call for me anywhere in the US and from what I've been told, there is NO additional charge for this.

I'm a jaded New Yorker and TeleAid, in just the couple weeks I've had it, has been a terrific service.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 06:36 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 2002 SL500
I signed up for it when I got my first SL last year. I wasn't going to renew it until tonight my wife has some 19 yr old idiot turn in front of her. The airbag went off and Tele-Aid had called the police before the 911 calls. The operator stayed on the line with my wife until the cops and ambo showed up.

It may be $240, but after tonight, it is worth every penny.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 06:51 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2003 S430V 4matic
I called to have mine reactivated and they said that they would not accept any more analog subscriptions. I told them that I understood that the analog service would go away at the end of the year and that I wanted to subscrive anyway. they said no! Strange?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in