LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 07:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: SLK 55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Another survey hitting Mercedes-Benz's image

Also, don't forget all the people who buy an MB because it's a "high end marque", and when something goes wrong or doesn't work just right, they love to shout out about it.

I know so many people who can live with a fault here or there in their other car(s), but anything, ANYTHING at all that goes wrong with an MB, is like... the end of the world *rolls eyes*

Some people who go for this marque of car, just love to complain. Everything should just be so perfect. Of course, you're paying a LOT of the car, but something tells me you'd get so many more 'issues' with other cars, if the owners would simply fess up and admit that they too have nagging problems with them. But alas, a quick look around a forum will show that MB owners seem to be the biggest complainers. And often because they don't understand that "if it moves, it'll break" mentality is true for all cars.

No, of course we shouldn't accept the fact that our MB is faulty, but if it is, should we be screaming more about it then the owners of a Honda or Cadillac?

Well, to each their opinion on it...

p.s. not to forget, that whilst any of these "surveys" might be done on a population of 800k people, how many of these people actually have an MB? What if they're asking a poorer segment of people (after all, these are like statistics, no matter how hard you try, you cannot be sure that the populace being interrogates is even in all context deemed appropriate for the survey). Thus, out of this number of drivers, you might only get a few with an MB. And on top of that, if they happen to be owners with a 'broken' MB, well... the damage is done.

Like one poster above said, why not also interview those with an MB that has proved to have no problems at all. My parents C class still runs fine after nearly 200,000miles.

My old SLK was fine UNTIL someone crashed into it. But after a few week of repairs (yes, it was relatively fast for the damage done to the roof mechnanism) it continued working just like new.

And my new SLK has had no problem so far. Maybe a disgruntled person with very high expectations might consider the fact that the felt wall in the trunk not being closed correctly "is a problem MB needs to fix asap", but all I did was close it, and... doh. It wasnt exactly BROKEN, now was it.

hmmm... anyway... sorry about that splurge of bickerings I just posted up there [:D]

New car: 2004 SLK 55 AMG, Iridium silver.
Additional: Chrome door lock pins, K&N Performance Filters, Piecha roof control module

Sold: 1998 SLK 230K, Linarite blue.
Brabus: Front spoiler, side skirts, rear apron, exhaust, gear shift + hand brake, 17" Monoblock IV, hubcaps/wheel locks, Aluminium doorlock pins, polished safety roll bars, Brabus logo
Digit-Power: 30bhp + 50nm torque
Additional: Chrome side indicator frames, Chrome SRS badges, CLK grill, Lorinser Wing, Rieger headlight covers
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 02:52 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Aug 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Another survey hitting Mercedes-Benz's image

it does not help if you refuse to believe m.b. is not having quality problems. inform your self. last read april automobile magazine the tarnished star. ill keep buying my old m.b. thank you
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: