Date registered: Dec 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Navigation Installation ml320 "Wait" on MCS Screen
Hello, Here is my MCS problem:
1. Bought and installed a Mcs into my bosses' 2001 ml320.
2. Screen said " enter security code" but the seller did not give the code right away.
3. my boss hit random number a couple of times and then it said "wait".
4. boss gets bored and pulls old mcs and puts radio back in (old cd mcs) but did not have code to original (old) radio.
5. I reinstall new mcs and desire to enter security code that i now have. Screen just says "wait" for hours.And the fuel and eBrake light flickers now. I am afraid to let it stay on over night to get a signal. It is 7 degees here and I am afraid it will drain his battery.
1. Can i put a trickle charger on it overnight to offset the loss of charge? Could that cause damage?
2. How can i get the mcs to prompt to "enter security code" again. How long does it take for the mcs to connect with gps?
3. why are the lights flickering- i did NO damage nor did i stress the wiring.
4. do I need the local CD to restart it? do i need the cd at this point anyway?
5. where do i get the code for his old one?
6. does it matter that this is a mcs from CA and it now is in NY?
7. Why, Why, Why, Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Thanks for any help you could provide.