BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: E500 Wagon
Location: Kansas City, MO
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I asked this in another forum, but did not receive very many comments. We are purchasing an E500 wagon and are considering the extended warranty to take it from 4years/50k miles to 7/100. The dealer quoted the cost at $3000 (US).
1) Is this a factory warranty or merely offered by the dealer?
2) Would it be recognized by other Merc. dealers?
3) is the warranty transferable to a second owner?
4) Is it bumper to bumper, or are parts prorated?
5) Would it cover the air suspension parts, for instance?
6) Obviously, brake pads,wipers etc. would not be covered, but are major items excluded or prorated?