BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: C32 or SLK32?
I think we are saying the same thing, but you are interpreting it differently than me.
- Yes on a track or on a twisty road the AMG version will start to walk away. Agreed.
- Yes you can brake deeper and accelerate harder with the AMG. Agreed... thus that's why it is faster.
- AMG is an appearance package only - thanks for clarifying that.
- When I said suspension work - I was talking about aftermarket.... I'm assuming it is available.
- With proper suspension work, mid corner speed will be comparable.
Anyhoo - I personally get a kick out of CORNER SPEED. You might go into it deeper and accelerate out harder.... but the average corner speed will still be about the same. What I like to do is to maintain my speed not BRAKE -> GAS BRAKE -> GAS.... that is the fastest way to go, but also the best way to get a ticket. (at the track it is a different story)
So I take it easy on the straight sections, use little brake and maintain corner speed. For doing this an AMG won't suit my bill any better than a 2.3L Komp. Plus not to mention that for 95% of the driving public, especially those folks that have never been to a track, it wouldn't matter if they had a 1.6L 4 cyl or a V-12 on a twisty road (other factors being similar).
Anyway, it's a completely different way of driving to some, I realize that. That's why I emphasized this was MY personal feeling. Of course he should do what he wants to do..... I'm just offering a different perspective.
BTW - the track is addictive. [:D]