Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 1990 300E
Location: Atlanta, GA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Favorite/Most hated Feature on any Benz?
Love ('90 300E):
- 90 degree hood opening
- Outside temp gauge (& easily viewable)
- Real gauge (v. idiot light) for H20 temp & oil pressure
- Very easy to work on for most tasks
- No rattles, squeaks in 14 year old auto
- Refined ride
- Manual Driver side mirror
- Great turning radius
- Heated washer fluid
- lack of electronic reminders for everything(a la' BMW)
- a pretty accurate clock (after 14 years)
- Wheel stud locator (in tool kit) makes putting wheels on, even with "Kleen Wheels" blocking your view, a snap
- yeah, three pointed star is pretty sweet
Love ('84 300D)
-much of above, plus sweet everlasting turbo diesel
- Arm rest covers always wear out
- Vacuum door locks
- Plastic sun visors that always break or have lights go out
- plastic parts in engine bay that shatter when touched; due primarily to Europe's recycling craze
- weak headlights
- weak factory radio, speakers
1990 300E - Current steed - 180 K mi.
1984 300D - Daughter's - 244 K mi. - tough car, but Wash DC is brutal on cars; given to charity before its time.
1986 325e - Son's - 200 K mi. (sold after much improvement, as son moved to convertible BMW)
1992 325ic - Son's current ride - 105 K+ mi.
1994 325is - Wife's - 140 K mi. (great car, but wife ready for 4 door)
2002 BMW 330i - Wife's - 65 K mi. - trend is bad; BMWs taking over here
1990 Taurus SHO - Gone (at 195 K mi.); truly a great one.