LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 06:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: disc brake pads

Well from my experience, I will always take my cars to the dealer. I spent about $5,000 bucks on my mother's corvette last year because some idot local mechanic used generic spark plug wires and lay them across an area on the engine where they melted.

2002 SLK320
2004 SL500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 2002 CL 500
(Thread Starter)

will probably get my CL back tomorrow , so far the service dept. and advisor have treated me like a king they even gave me an 05 convertable mustang gt as a loner no charge, the disc pads are a normal maintenance item not under warrentee they never mentioned any cost, just 19.95 for tire rotation, which I asked them to do, plus the advisor a 30 year old good looking babe said she would put new laminate on the windows which I didn't even care about. I'll let you know how it turned out wheather they charged me or not. wouldn't you kmow the sales man came out and tried to sell me a maybach or the slr mclaren.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Yal
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

If you've got a new or "not more than two model changes back car" by all means go to the dealer especially if its under warranty. After that I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw one of the owners! Based on my experience with Mercedes Benz USA only! I don't know about other dealerships.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 05:43 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004

well, from what ive heard, most people with dealership "issues" had unfair expectations. not all, though. some people really have been bent over royally at some crooked dealerships. but im willing to bet much more get hammered at the "local" garage that they have come to trust.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

boy was my diagnosis wrong, went down to dealership today got to go into mechanics bay where my car was up on lift, driver side rear ABC strut blown, thought all that dirt and oil on it was normal road grease untill I saw the other ones were clean, a freak thing I guess, getting new one today, then part of the chasis came loose which explains the both noises. then I was fortunate to have the mb technician show me how to remove the brake pads which were still like new, it was five minutes of fun kind of like going to MB tech school. I hope this is still part of getting the bugs out. will let you know how it turns out.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

I have to say the MB dealer did a fantastic job , the car came back like new, new ABC strut , they re laminated the windows and rotated tires no charge . I even bought a flywheel model mb watch,
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

upon further inspection of vehickle I noticed the dealer did not relaminate the windows they put all new glass in plus weather stripping, like the N/C invoice read , plus they installed all new subframe bushings and mounts with a factory modification. this detailed work totally convinces me that no way in hell would i bring this car to an outside mechanic the way they knew and detected all the problems. plus where else can your car come off the wash rack practically detailed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in