post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Vehicle: chris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
boguse questions

i have been following a few people "not from the usa" but from another site local to me, i dont like people setting other techs up for silly questions "remember we are mostly experianced people here" and know a wind up when we see one[}:)]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 10:11 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2004
Send a message via MSN to red_dragon Send a message via Yahoo to red_dragon
RE: boguse questions

I think, in my opinion, the idea of having these forums is for the dissemination of not only technical ideas but as well as valuable and helpful information for those people who are newbies who are very much interested to learn more about these brilliantly engineered german cars. [8)]
That is why forums were created inorder to facilitate the interaction of experts, technicians, mechanics, and benz owners.
I, myself am not a mechanic, i just own a mercedes and when it gets into trouble i hire a benz mechanic or send my car to mercedes and have it checked. I really dont know much about its mechanics. Im just a benz fan[:D]
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 01:28 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: The "GENERAL"
RE: bogus questions...

Quote:
teky - 8/8/2004 5:19 PM

"...I have been following a few people "not from the usa" but from another site local to me, I do not like people setting other techs up for silly questions "remember we are mostly experienced people here" and know a wind-up when we see one..."[}:)]
I was on the verge of posing a very similar question...

"...Does anyone ever get the feeling..."

"...The feeling that phoney person(s) were asking phoney question(s)..."

What makes this a great forum/website is genuine people with genuine problems/concerns...

The time comes that the site is overloaded/overrun with phoney problems/concerns... and phoney comedic answers... then what is great about the forum will be...

forever..."gone with the wind"...

Thanks to all who participate with a sense of sincerety...[;)]

I will try to remember to include the tongue in cheek symbol when/where appropriate...[:p]

Thanks to all for a great forum...[^]

Cheers ol' Joe
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 01:56 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2004
Send a message via MSN to red_dragon Send a message via Yahoo to red_dragon

I think the reason why forums were created is not only to disseminate technological ideas among experts but as well as provide information for the benefit of those "other" benz owners who lack the know-hows and are interested to learn more about this brilliantly engineered german cars.
Forums were designed primarily to facilitate interaction among benz experts, technicians, owners, and mechanics. It benefits "everybody" and not just a select few.
I myself, am a benz owner and i admit that i lack the technological know-hows cause im just a fan of my own car and when it gets into engine trouble, i just hire a benz mechanic or have the car checked by mercedes. The information i gain from these forums are indeed very much helpful.[:D]
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 01:15 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: 1998 SL 600

Could someone help me locate the Flux-Capacitator?
I need to get back to the future..........
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: chris
(Thread Starter)

its behind the fluffel valve[:D]
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 06:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE

Well, if someone’s posting bogus questions I’ll reply with bogus answers…[:p]

All the questions I see seem sincere – I try to answer honestly. I fail to see why one would post questions he knows the answers to, except, obviously, to cause trouble.

I don’t know how to keep it from happening, though….
[:(]
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 04:54 AM
BenzWorld Member

Classic example of bogus/phoney questions...

Quote:
"...The following write-up is for entertainment purposes only... No actual write-ups or persons were used regarding this example... No offense intended to those with genuine problems/concerns... May we all be overjoyed with happiness and consideration for others and their feelings... [:p][8D][:p] Now let the prime example begin..." quote by ol' Joe

HELP! Quick hurry run fast!
help help help!!!

[gives a sense of urgency to the whole enchilada]

I have this 2004 MB PITA special that keeps burning out OVPs... Ever since my homey from "mega world electronices" installed the "big daddy subwoofers" and voided the 2004 MB PITA specials warranty I keep having trouble with blown ovp relays what could cause this problem i thought homey knew what he was doing at least he told me he was the best!

I read the searches and found out how to install a new ovp relay and bought a box of 100 ovp relays made in china to use. sometimes problem is when people drive down the road and know my car is a "bogus benz" because i have something made in china installed on it

I much rather pay 750 USD for a relay from my favoriter dealership and have them install it at 1000 dollars an hour because basicalkly i have more "money than brains" can any bodies help me with my problems

Whenever I blast those big daddy sub woofers the window hinges begin to rattle and the folks out in Cali can feel it on their sphincter I mean richter scale can anyones help me with my problems?

Oh yeah i was talking about ovp problems not big daddy subwoofwer problems why are the ovp relays made in china 5 dollars each not 750 dollars each like my favorite stealership specials???

Whenever i pull the little stickers off that say made in china i paint little mb symbols on them and give them to my friends with OLDER MB's so they do not know that THEY are driving phoney mbs but i know!. I can also sell any extra ovp I have to homeys for half prices because i have painted little mb stars on them. Theys happy and I'ms happy, me with my high dollar 2004 MB PITA special and thems with thier phoney made in china mbs.

Thannks is advance!

---------------------
2004 MB PITA SPECIAL w/voided warranty
2006 MB HALF MILLION DOLLAR SPECIAL
2008 MB MILLION DOLLAR SPECIAL
pre-existing mo'money than brains syndrome...

Okay thats it folks you heard the man "thannks is advance", and stay away from weirdos!!!
Quote:
Be sure to purchase all your genuine overpriced/overrated parts at MB Headquarters...

Lest your favorite stealership should cease to do business and their high dollar technicians seek assistence in the unemployment line!!!
Quote:
quote by ol' Joe
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 05:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004

WTF?!?!?!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 07:02 AM
BenzWorld Member

RE: Classic example of bogus/phoney questions...

[QUOTE]89_190e_2.6 - 8/10/2004 6:54 AM

Quote:
"...The following write-up is for entertainment purposes only... No actual write-ups or persons were used regarding this example... No offense intended to those with genuine problems/concerns... May we all be overjoyed with happiness and consideration for others and their feelings... [:p][8D][:p] Now let the prime example begin..." quote by ol' Joe

HELP! Quick hurry run fast!
help help help!!!

[gives a sense of urgency to the whole enchilada]

I have this 2004 MB PITA special that keeps burning out OVPs... Ever since my homey from "mega world electronices" installed the "big daddy subwoofers" and voided the 2004 MB PITA specials warranty I keep having trouble with blown ovp relays what could cause this problem i thought homey knew what he was doing at least he told me he was the best!

I read the searches and found out how to install a new ovp relay and bought a box of 100 ovp relays made in china to use. sometimes problem is when people drive down the road and know my car is a "bogus benz" because i have something made in china installed on it

I much rather pay 750 USD for a relay from my favoriter dealership and have them install it at 1000 dollars an hour because basicalkly i have more "money than brains" can any bodies help me with my problems

Whenever I blast those big daddy sub woofers the window hinges begin to rattle and the folks out in Cali can feel it on their sphincter I mean richter scale can anyones help me with my problems?

Oh yeah i was talking about ovp problems not big daddy subwoofwer problems why are the ovp relays made in china 5 dollars each not 750 dollars each like my favorite stealership specials???

Whenever i pull the little stickers off that say made in china i paint little mb symbols on them and give them to my friends with OLDER MB's so they do not know that THEY are driving phoney mbs but i know!. I can also sell any extra ovp I have to homeys for half prices because i have painted little mb stars on them. Theys happy and I'ms happy, me with my high dollar 2004 MB PITA special and thems with thier phoney made in china mbs.

Thannks is advance!

---------------------
2004 MB PITA SPECIAL w/voided warranty
pre-existing mo'money than brains syndrome...

Okay thats it folks you heard the man "thannks is advance", and stay away from weirdos!!!

Be sure to purchase all your genuine overpriced/overrated parts at MB Headquarters...

Lest your favorite stealership should cease to do business and their high dollar technicians seek assistence in the unemployment line!!!
Lets try to break down the underlying subliminal messages in this one:

"...I read the searches and found out how to install a new ovp relay and bought a box of 100 ovp relays made in china to use. sometimes problem is when people drive down the road and know my car is a "bogus benz" because i have something made in china installed on it..."

Just how is someone going to "know" who has other than MB high dollar parts installed on their MB? Is there like a special "MB goon squad" that travels around to make sure all those with the MB badges and emblems have the proper high dollar MB replacement parts installed?

Next concern:
"...I much rather pay 750 USD for a relay from my favoriter dealership and have them install it at 1000 dollars an hour because basicalkly i have more "money than brains" can any bodies help me with my problems..."

Just how do you "properly" assist someone with more-money-than-brains-syndrome? A fool and their money are soon parting ways, but just how did a fool get money in the first place?

Next concern:
"...Whenever I blast those big daddy sub woofers the window hinges begin to rattle and the folks out in Cali can feel it on their sphincter I mean richter scale can anyones help me with my problems..?"

Since when did MBs have window hinges? The folks out in Cali are more in tune with earthquakes in their sphincter I mean richter scales...

Next concern:
"...Oh yeah i was talking about ovp problems not big daddy subwoofwer problems why are the ovp relays made in china 5 dollars each not 750 dollars each like my favorite stealership specials???"

"...Absolutely classic phoney/bogus syndrome... questions drifting all over the place... they start out talking about tires and muffler bearings and end up mentioning the air filter..."

Next concern:
"...Thannks is advance..!"

"...Classic clue- misspelled/poor english words to let all "those-in-the-know" not to reply to this bogus crap!"

Next concern:
"...2004 MB PITA SPECIAL w/voided warranty
pre-existing mo'money than brains syndrome..."

"...Subliminal message concerning systematic inflation and that those with more money than brains will slide right into it... what was that implied "no truer word was ever said than that said in jest"...

Next concern:
"...Be sure to purchase all your genuine overpriced/overrated parts at MB Headquarters...

"...Should the d/stealerships ever get concerned that the unwashed/uncontrolled masses ever wise-up and put them out of business..?

Like the great JFK once stated "there will always be some [sob] who does not get the word..."

Thanks to all, you all are great, glad you enjoyed the show... more phoney bogus questions to come...

Cheers ol' Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in