Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: ML 350 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Das_Vidas
(Thread Starter)
Am I being ripped off....

I am a bit harsh of a driver I have a new ml350 2004

I sent my car in for service about 3 month a go they charged me $1000 ~ 3000 Dhs (U.A.E.) I told him wtf isnt first service free, he's like it used to be (first service was at 10,000 kms) he changed two of the brakepads, somthing that them (brakepads) and washer fluid i said even though no way it comes to 1000 bucks I payed i was in a hurry. A month later 13,000 KMs i feel brakes are week then i get it checked the guy says they need to flush the brakes now to my knowledge that when there is air in the brakes and to get rid of it it can take a few minutes and is very cheap (I found this out later) they took 2 whole days and 130 $ ~ 400 Dhs

These are just two occurrences i can think of at the moment..

P.S. This was at the Agency and under full warrenty I asked again and again isnt this under warrenty they always made some sort of excuse.

The only almost free service was when at about 2000 KMs the brakes were squeling a lot they changed them and charged 30 $ ~ 100 DHs I didnt think it was that bad and i payed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 1987 560SEC Now 145K mi. (Summer 2016)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
RE: Am I being ripped off....

Hi Das_Vidas,

In my opinion, there is a possibility you are being "ripped-off".

I find it quite unusual for a new car to need new pads at only 13,000 Kms /8080 Miles, unless the driver "has one foot on the brake & the other on the accelerator nearly ALL the time". This would cause all sorts of brake problems including rapid pad wear. This also could trigger a 'Customer Pay' situation due to what could be considered Abuse of the vehicle.

You say "I am a bit harsh of a driver..... " What does "HARSH" mean to you?

Flushing brakes, air in the system?? That kind of thing shouldn't happen and IF it did, I would expect it to be covered by the warranty.

Washer Solvent & Brake Pads are generally considered 'consumables' like spark plugs & filters, so would generally be the customer's responsibility.

Now if there were any DEFECTS in the above mentioned Pads, that would generally considered a warranty repair.

A Warranty Book came with your new Benz. It will be VERY specific as to what IS covered & what IS NOT covered. I suggest you might spend some time reading it.

There is, I'm sure, a telephone number for Mercedes-Benz Consumer Affairs in there also.

Good Luck, MBL

NOTE: The above info & opinions are drawn from my experience as a Volvo Service Manager (years ago) and DOES NOT reflect Mercedes-Benz Warranty Policy Procedures in any way.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 1987 560SEC Now 145K mi. (Summer 2016)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
RE: Am I being ripped off....

With thanks to 500sec.com, here is a list of MB links for you. There are listings for MB Middle East, MB Oman, MB Qatar, & MB Saudi Arabia.

http://www.500sec.com/official.html

Again, Good Luck, MBL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in