BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jan 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pros/cons of buying new Benz with new baby?
I've been on and off about buying an E320 CDI through the European Delivery Program. I have sufficient income this year, but there are a few things I keep telling myself, perhaps out of the "guilt" factor:
- why not wait and see if the E400 CDI is available in the US in 06 or 07?
- I'm early 30s and there's plenty of time to get a Benz in the future.
- Just had first kid, so shouldn't I stash excess cash in his college account? Let the power of 72 take over.
- Probably going to upgrade houses within 2 years, keep some of the cash for that.
- It would about $2k less per year to own a Toaureg, thanks to having my own company and being able to take advantage of IRS Sec 179 deduction
- I can rent them when I travel to Europe and drive them like they're meant to be driven
Did anyone else go through these steps, and how did you rationalize it? (I drive what I like and like what drive, therefore bought the Benz)