LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 09:47 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: '02 E55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: MB Pet Peeves

OK, OK, guilty. My E-430 sport DOES have the AMG trunk emblem. But, it also has AMG exhaust, door sill plates, and soon enough, AMG brakes, springs, and shocks. Not to mention more HP than a 210 E-55 due to the S/C. Couldn't find a pristine 55. Now, the real reason for this thread. Is it just me, or are the steering wheel buttons counter-intuitive? I mean, the volume UP button is dished, while the Volume DOWN button is raised???????? WTF?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 11:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004

In Chicago, my pet peeves are the unwashed arab immigrants who don't believe in bathing their cars either. They look like rolling toilets. In Hawaii, its the Asians driving S class MB's when they are far to short and pathetically frail for the car. Asians should only be allowed to drive CLK'S, or the 230 hatchback.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 11:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: W-1-2-3 Go!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 7/20/2004 10:12 PM
In Hawaii, its the Asians driving S class MB's when they are far to short and pathetically frail for the car. Asians should only be allowed to drive CLK'S, or the 230 hatchback.
Wouldn't you think it's because of their "frailty" that they chose to drive the S-class because of its passive safety?

It's what you do to your MB that's becoming a pet peeve, not who you are and what you own, or any correlation in between.

Just my two cents. Ignore if you disagree.[|)]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44_1267465_721200421403AM.JPG (53.6 KB, 35 views)

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 07:01 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2004
Vehicle: The "GENERAL"

Quote:
RoxyBlonde451 - 6/13/2004 10:03 PM

"...What is it that bothers you most about other Benz owners?
Mine is where they put badges on their car that do not belong on there. Example S430 AMG, Changing a C230 sports sedan to a C32 AMG, and such things of that nature.
Like we don't notice! [^] People make me sad sometimes. They bought the car, they should be happy with their purchase. If they want the type of car that they are willing to "make" they should quit being cheap, and buy it. My personal favorite was when I saw a 190E 2.3 with "E500" badged on instead..."
[xx(]

My biggest MB Pet Peeves:

Whenever MB owners never clean/detail their vehicles...

You would think those types of persons would just invest in an old AMC Pacer or something...

I must admit I saw more of these dirty disgusting unkept vehicles in the 1970s to 1980s...

What I am alluding to is:
1.brake dust stains from hell...
2.road film from a half million miles between car washes...
3.the backside of the car covered in exhaust stain [mostly old diesel powered machines]

If owners of these vehicles do not know how free water is available, and how cheap soap is, and how disturbing their vehicles look... they need to be directed to the crushing yard... perhaps both owner and vehicle[:p]...

Relieved of their misery theory...[:p][:D][8D][:D]
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 04:39 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: CL500, E430, SLK, Subaru...
Being "Badgered"

It may not bother you to see other people doing the stick-on badge thing; the problem is, it certainly DOES bother those who treat the whole driving experience as an outlet for repressed emotions. My view of those who stick on the extra badges (and it does happen as much with BMW M-power stuff as with AMG, and with Abarth on FIATs, and let's not even think about Subaru) is that they are far more aggressive in their driving style.

This aggression is associated in most people's minds with the badge, after a while, so if you are driving about in a sensible way (which real AMGs make very easy, just as easy as going stupid-fast) then you get to collect on all that negative karma. Drive a range of vehicles on the same streets and the difference is pretty stark - I can sometimes make much better progress in the Citroen ZX (value: less than the wheels on the E55!) than in any of the Mercs, because people don't notice it.

My last AMG (now in the hands of drjan here) is completely debadged. It's so stealthy that people walk up and ask what size of wheels I bought to go on my C180 - they really have no idea it's a 4.3 V8, until they get right up close. The "keeping a low profile" advantage of this is so marked that I am considering debadging the E55 - the status I get from it comes not from the badge, but from sucking people's headlights out, anyway.

Steve
London, right in the middle
03 CL500 (Black/Grey, 48k, Comand, 7GTronic, Keyless Go) 302 Bhp
01 E430 (Silver/Black, 112k, Comand, Lingua, 7 seats, tow...) 275 Bhp
97 SLK (40k, Yellowstone, partner's car!) 200 Bhp
03 A210 AMG (Black/Black, 63k, project rescue car) 140 Bhp

...I make that 917 Bhp...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in