Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Brake Pedal Play

767 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Graydog 
#1 ·
Hello. I am a newbie here. This is my second post. I think I found the answers to my questions by using search but wanted some recent input.

First the brake question. My 95 c280 has a lot of play in the brake pedal before brakes actually engage. I was told by a Volvo mechanic friend of mine
that this is normal on a lot of Mercedes. He did test drive the car and said they are working fine.
After reading other post on this forum there seems to be two opinions on this. First, lots of play is normal. But some posters say it is a sign of a problem. My brakes stop me fine. It is just that I am not used to a pedal traveling so far before getting stiff. Opinions?

Second, Is there a way to disengage the automatic volume level on the radio without cutting wires? I live in Houston and drive in heavy traffic. The constant increase and decrease in radio volume as I increase and decrease speed drives me up a wall!

Thanks
Graydog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.