Date registered: Sep 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Need help: Mercedes Benz Customer Service

Hello all,
I would appreciate your input on this:

I have recently been receiving very bad service from a dealership in Canada and have been accused of avoiding phone calls and avoiding being contacted after the maturity of my lease (basically insisting that I would run away with the car). However, I have a perfect payment record and service all of my cars at the dealership. I wrote an email today detailing the complaint and sent it through the Mercedes Benz Canada website customer service.

I was wondering if this is an effective way of dealing with the issue. Somebody told me that the letter will be noted on the dealership's record but that nothing will be dealt with regarding the specific issue. The same person also told me that basically the whole thing will be discarded and nothing will be done about it.

Is this true? Have any of you had any of your bad customer service issues with the dealership resolved??

Again I would appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
RE: Need help: Mercedes Benz Customer Service

I also wanted to add that my friend told me that Mercedes-Benz really doesn't care about customer satisfaction anymore and that there is no use in me making a complaint. Is this true?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 10:38 PM
JRW
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 03 G500 & 87 300DT
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

yeah. I would agree with that statement. I have had nothing but bad experience with MBUSA customer service. I doubt I will buy another MB product.

03 G500
95 E320
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 09:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 01 SLK 320 MT6

Quote:
I have recently been receiving very bad service from a dealership in Canada and have been accused of avoiding phone calls and avoiding being contacted after the maturity of my lease (basically insisting that I would run away with the car).
I am not sure how lease works, but aren't you suppose to return the car before lease end ? Like last day of the lease ?

I had nothing but excellent service at my dealer - Motrowerks of Barrington, and that actually makes me really think about getting another Mercedes.

Kirill
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)

^^No. If you plan on refinancing the car then you are not supposed to return it. To make a long story short, they blamed me a ton of problems that were their own fault.

I will keep you updated on what happens next.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 01:24 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: S430,190E 2.6,SL500

Your problems are no surprise to me. I have had numerous problems with my dealership even though I am a very loyal customer and have bought so many cars from them. You are right. Mercedes-Benz no longer cares about customer service. Sure, there are great dealers floating around, but the majority of them are now more concerned about increased sales rather than good service. Everyone in the dealership basically isolates me and tries to do everything possible so that I don't return again to do anything else but buy a car.

1985 190E (2.0)
1992 190E 2.6
1994 SL500
2002 S430
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 07:05 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2004
Vehicle: 1997 S500
Mercedes Benz Customer Service

Hi Jackie: What's wrong with picking up the phone? I've had several issues about the workmanship at the dealership. Each issue was quickly resolved by talking honestly with the service writer or department manager.

"If money can fix it, it's not a problem..."
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 07:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
RE: Mercedes Benz Customer Service

I have lease several million dollars in computer stuff and one GMC Yukon Denial. I do know that you must make the refinance arrangements before your lease is up or pay the penalty for each day over the lease until they get the check. I can see why the dealer is calling you if there was no arrangements made on the car before the lease is mature. They can also can repo your car if you do not have anything in writing that states you agree to pay the penalty or payments after the lease has mature. Usually the leasing company wants you to fill out some forms to extend the lease after the lease has mature. If you lease the car through Mercedes, just go to the dealership and talk to the sales manager. He might have you fill out some forms. I have never lease a car through Mercedes, so I do not know what the lease policy is.

The dealer here is busy and it takes them a while to call you. It is the only dealer in a 200 mile radius. Sometimes it takes them 3 times to fix it right, but they managed to fix it. I have a SLK 320 and SL500. The dealer replaced my door handle today because some of the MB Tex was coming off. They have been great to me, but they are slow and takes several attempts to fix. Just talk to you service adviser. Sometimes, you have to draw them pictures.

2002 SLK320
2004 SL500
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)

The short story is that I was in verbal agreement with the finance manager that I would refinance the car. These arrangements were made before the end of the lease.

I went on vacation for 2 weeks which I informed the business manager about and fully knowing that there was a late fee for each day. During that time I did contact the business manager to make arrangements. When I came back to process the rest of the transaction I called the business manager. She told me to contact Mercedes Financial.

I tried contacting the financial rep 6 times and left a message. I then called the business manager again to tell her that I could not get a hold of her. She told me that she would have her contact me. Again I contacted the financial rep and could not get a hold of her. I called the business manager and she was no longer courteous with me telling me that she could no longer help me and that the dealership had nothing to do with my file anymore.

This was in direct contrast to what was told to me by the other business manager who said that I could deal directly with the dealership. Furthermore, the business manager then accuses me that I am the person who avoided Mercedes Financial calls on that day. When I finally receive a message from Mercedes Financial, the lady told me to seek financing elsewhere which at the time I did not even submit an application for financing yet nor talk with her yet.

This story does no justice to the way I was treated nor the way they handled my file. I wrote a formal letter of complaint.

The following morning 3 people contacted me. The General Manager contacted me. The Business Manager contacted me and the Mercedes Canada rep contacted me. I was approved for financing within the hour and the business manager told me that I could deal with the dealership. Furthermore, rather than being a bitch to me she was extremely polite. I suspect that the Mercedes Canada rep must've exchanged some conversation with Lonestar.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 10:42 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 2004 SLK32 AMG

Sounds like it worked out for you after a big headache. Assuming things are done the same way in Canada as in the US, the lease is actually handled through the finance company not the dealership. Sounds like your problem stemmed from the finance manager at the dealership making statements and promises that she was empowered to follow through. That really just shouldn't have happened.

As long as it worked out in the end, now go and drive your car - hopefully the weather is good enough in Calgary to drive it the way it was meant to be driven[8D].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in