Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E420 A/C not working

891 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mark Cummins 
#1 ·
My A/C not working.. assuming that my freon is low, where to look for my freon level indicator ? hopefully that is the problem, how do i add R 134a freon to it.

#2 ·
first, attach gauges. This is the safest way to determine whether there is a leak or not. After determining that it is low on refrigerant, inject a dye to look for the potential leak area. Remember, if it leaked refrigerant, it leaked oil as well. Boosting the system fo only refrigerant is not a good practice. This will eventually leak enough oil that the system will lock up and essentially lead to compressor failure. The best thing is to buy a set of gauges and dye injector-start from there. Hope this helps

#3 ·
I found that there is no freon left on the system, so I did as u described.. adding freon with dye.. and found that there is no visual leak so far or so.. but i found that there is no power going to the air compressor. Is these problem related

do u have any solutions...

#4 ·
If The Compressor is NOT running you Will NOT see any freon in the sight glass in the dryer.

I Would trouble shoot the system before adding any freon..Do a Search re the A/C Push Buttons
There is a Great source of Info from the push button assy

I Would say its the A/C Evap temp sensor...Done SEVERAL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.