BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: 111.010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Dealer service

Quote:
jdc1244 - 1/22/2004 8:28 PM

Would not the cost of a loaner car be worth the extra business brought in? A friendly, positive attitude (which is free) goes a long way to a customer. I’m not saying MB dealers are more expensive than other shops but even if the dealer was more expensive, a customer will be less likely to complain if he feels as if his problems are being addressed in a positive, professional manner.

When I have to keep a customer’s computer for a long time they get a loaner that is as fast (or faster, in most cases!) as the one being fixed. Granted: you can’t compare a loaner computer to a loaner car but the customers come back when they know they won’t be left high and dry without a computer! It also helps sales, they’ll say, “you know, that computer you loaned me was real nice; how much would a new one cost?�

$$$$$$$$$$$$[:D][8D]
I'm fine with the C I've been getting, but I'd really like another G or a crack at a S or SL[:D]

Search first, ask second!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 08:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE

Quote:
mb230s - 1/22/2004 10:39 PM

I'm fine with the C I've been getting, but I'd really like another G or a crack at a S or SL[:D]

Yeah, exactly; put the customer in something a tad newer or up a notch and even if one out of 100 buys because they liked the loaner it would be worth it!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Where's my auto-leveling?

Vehicle: '09 ML350, '03 E320, '99 E320 4Matic, '98 C280

Quote:
jdc1244 - 1/22/2004 9:52 PM

Yeah, exactly; put the customer in something a tad newer or up a notch and even if one out of 100 buys because they liked the loaner it would be worth it!
My dealership does not provide MBs for loaners but they do provide Enterprise rental cars for free. For a while they switched from Cadillacs to cheaper cars because they wanted to try to save money, then they switched back to the Caddies. Every time I drive one it just reinforces my decision to by a Benz. [:)]

Andy

2009 ML350, Iridium Silver, Ash MB Tex

P2: Rear Cam, 115V Outlet, Parktronic, Pwr Seats w/ 4-Way Lumbar w/ Mem Pwr Folding Mirrors, Comand w/ Navi & Voice Control, HD Radio w/ Satellite, + iPod/MP3 Interface, Harman/Kardon, Keyless-Go, Pwr Liftgate
Lighting Pkg: Bi-Xenon Headlamps, LED Tail Lamps, Headlamp Washers
Extras: Hitch, Running Boards, Chrome Door Handle Inserts
Mods: Tinted front windows, Sports Pedals

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 09:28 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: s500- 300td

A MERCEDES DEALER THAT USES CADDIES FOR LOANERS. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS SMART OR GENIEUS. THAT IS ONE WAY THAT MERCEDES WILL GURANTEE REPEAT BUSINESS. FOR MY I CANN'T LEAVE MY CAR ANY WHERE AND JUST GO. I NEED TO SEE WHAT IS BEING DONE TO IT.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 12:19 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 ML320

I have mixed feelings regarding my dealer service in SW Pennsylvania by John Sisson Motors. This is my first Benz (02 ML320)- having been a loyal Acura driver since graduating from college in 1987. One thing I can say about my Acura experience - once I bought the cars and drove them off the lot, I never went back except for regular maintenance. Even then, I was given a loaner - which was always one model "up". My ML320 has been back several times - sometimes it is fixed, others not. Rarely do I get an explanation of what was done - since my salesman drops the car off at my house.

As stated, my Benz dealer will come by the house and drop off a loaner (about a 2 week wait). The loaner is not a MB - but a Nissan Altima!! There are 2 additional MB dealers in PIT (Smail and Rahal). I know Rahal loans C class vehicles.

I like the look of my Benz, but overall... will probably consider a Lexus next time. Lexus is more convenient, is more customer focused, and has a FLEET of Lexus loaners.

Like in life, if I have guests at my home, I want them to feel welcomed. I have never gotten that feeling (post purchase - LOL!!!) from my Benz dealership.

Rod
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 01:10 PM
Where's my auto-leveling?

Vehicle: '09 ML350, '03 E320, '99 E320 4Matic, '98 C280

Quote:
rodrog - 1/31/2004 1:19 PM

I have mixed feelings regarding my dealer service in SW Pennsylvania by John Sisson Motors. This is my first Benz (02 ML320)- having been a loyal Acura driver since graduating from college in 1987. One thing I can say about my Acura experience - once I bought the cars and drove them off the lot, I never went back except for regular maintenance. Even then, I was given a loaner - which was always one model "up". My ML320 has been back several times - sometimes it is fixed, others not. Rarely do I get an explanation of what was done - since my salesman drops the car off at my house.

As stated, my Benz dealer will come by the house and drop off a loaner (about a 2 week wait). The loaner is not a MB - but a Nissan Altima!! There are 2 additional MB dealers in PIT (Smail and Rahal). I know Rahal loans C class vehicles.

I like the look of my Benz, but overall... will probably consider a Lexus next time. Lexus is more convenient, is more customer focused, and has a FLEET of Lexus loaners.

Like in life, if I have guests at my home, I want them to feel welcomed. I have never gotten that feeling (post purchase - LOL!!!) from my Benz dealership.

Rod
Rod,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not having a good experience. My dealership is one of those places that I like to drop in on if I happen to be in the area. They always make me feel welcome, they all know my name, and they are all friendly. I can't say enough good things about MB of OKC.

Andy

2009 ML350, Iridium Silver, Ash MB Tex

P2: Rear Cam, 115V Outlet, Parktronic, Pwr Seats w/ 4-Way Lumbar w/ Mem Pwr Folding Mirrors, Comand w/ Navi & Voice Control, HD Radio w/ Satellite, + iPod/MP3 Interface, Harman/Kardon, Keyless-Go, Pwr Liftgate
Lighting Pkg: Bi-Xenon Headlamps, LED Tail Lamps, Headlamp Washers
Extras: Hitch, Running Boards, Chrome Door Handle Inserts
Mods: Tinted front windows, Sports Pedals

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in