LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 11:14 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Benzkid1130
RE: age

I dont think its bad if parents pay for their kids car. My parents are not extremely wealthy but I have family who is and we are in line to get all or most of it, and I really dont know where some of the money in the family came from, but presently my parents cannot afford to buy me a brand new Mercedes, but I really dont care. They dont feel right spending inheritance on material possesions. I would take a car, but I would feel better paying for it myself. But kids who are given their cars are not bad, and parents who give them to their kids are not bad. I dont really see why some people worry about it. Especially on this board, not so much on *. Its not really any of their business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: CLK 320
(Thread Starter)

Benzkid..thanx..i hate it when people are like your a bad kid becuase your parents bought you your car. I have a car..its what my parents wanted to buy me. I like my car..i love my parents and would have taken anyother car.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 03:29 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2003

Noone said your bad if your parents give you a car. Your actually lucky, I dunno why they would chose to give their child a BRAND NEW Mercedes over a used car, that isn't worth so much, and you can play around with it and experiance it yourself. That way you dont have to worry about damaging the car because it isnt brand new, and insurance is low.

Personally, I think its a lot better to buy your own car, andI have my reasons.

Merry christmas [:)]

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: CLK 320
(Thread Starter)

i have a civic that i play around with and drive like hell..but the MB is just like car i always wanted and my parents think they are safe, reliable cars so they got one for me.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 03:40 PM
BenzWorld Member

Well I know people who got a new S500 so they gave the C280 to their son. Its a 94 so its really nothing to be jealous of, but people act like they are bad people because of it. I hate that. Where I live though alot of people have crappy cars so if you gotta nicer car your bound to get keyed. I wont drive to school cause of that when I can. I want either a 98-99 E320 or a 2000 C280. Thats about in my range right now. I would love to have that. I was talkin to a Bentley dealer about my business, even though they rejected, the president said himself he wants me to come work in the internet department with them when I am older.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 09:14 PM
BenzWorld Member

Let me rephrase that, alot of teens have crappy cars. Most parents have nice cars but the kids have rust mobiles.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 09:53 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 1999 SLK230/ 2006 Passat/ 1995 Bronco (Prerunner)

Well, I am 30 and plan on giving my son my 1999 SLK (slammed on 18's with a pulley kit)when he's old enough to drive (8 more years). But feel if parents can afford to buy their kids new cars thats all good. My friend whos 19 has a brand new C32 AMG on 19's (OZ's) and he's a real down to earth and great kid. There are a couple kids (19 years old)here in So.Cali with 360 modena's, 550 maranello's and M3 SMG's and I think thats a little excessive but, hey, maybe I'm just jealous..haha

Anyway, sounds like you have (and plan to have) nice cars you two.....good luck and be careful.

Andy
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 08:02 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz CLK430

I am 17 years old, and my father bought me a CLK430. Having the car hasnt changed me a bit, with the exception of motivating me to succed so I can buy a SL600. Sometimes people do treat me different when they see my car. I didnt buy the car because it is a mercedes, I bought it cause I like the looks and it has always been a favorite of mine. Anyway, with the exception of having to watch your speed cause you can get up to 80-90 on the highway without even realizing it, I think it is a great car for responsible young adults, dont like the word "kids". Anyway, Happy Holidays!

-Brian

PS- I posted pics in the gallery.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-26-2003, 03:18 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2003
Vehicle: W124 300e

im 16, and i got an 300e, its not too shabby :P

will
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-26-2003, 07:42 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1988 420 SEL

I'm 16, bought a 1988 420 SEL (by myself), decided that all the work and money i've put into it its just not for me right now, especially with my crappy job. So for christmas I decided to treat myself to a new (used car). A 2000 Intrepid ES....I know its not a mercedes (but a daimler-chrysler, close enough) but eventually one day I'll be driving a brand new S600 AMG [8)]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in