Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Hofele Dynamic Plus Chip Tuning

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  emeshuris 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Has anyone had Hofele Design's Dynamic Plus chip tuning done to their G? If so, what year G did you have it installed on and would you recommend it?

I'm also looking at Renntech's chip tuning but it's double the price of Hofele's Dynamic Plus. If anyone has reviews of Renntech's tuning, please post.

Thanks,
Alex

#4 ·
Hello All,

Has anyone had Hofele Design's Dynamic Plus chip tuning done to their G? If so, what year G did you have it installed on and would you recommend it?

I'm also looking at Renntech's chip tuning but it's double the price of Hofele's Dynamic Plus. If anyone has reviews of Renntech's tuning, please post.

Thanks,

Alex

I've built 3 G55's with Renntech over the last 10 yeas and not one bad thing to say about them...

On the new G500's there is a small issue on the ecu remap; I've purchased a second ECU and sent it to them in order for them to spend all the time needed to solve the issue. 1, if not 2 of my G's has been posted by Renntech on YouTube...

#5 ·
does this actually do anything? i dont mean seat of pants, i mean verifiable gains. on renntech’s site ‘Gains: +28HP & +16TQ.’ is listed. im guessing this is at flywheel, otherwise a dynosheet would be listed, if so with a minimum of a third drive train loss its 19/11. with the numerous spinny parts, its most likely even lower.

so at 1300 + tax, each horse is worth 75$. to top it off unverified horses.

i watched a video where they interviewed an engineer from dynan, he pretty much made it seem that there may be a few horses/torques lurking but they are never across the entire range. some at bottom some at the very top.

i think its all baloney...

#6 ·
Having driven with the Kleeman ECU flash for about a month now, I can confirm that there is a noticeable difference in the way my G drives. It certainly revs higher and stays in gear longer before upshifting, which makes it feel quicker. However, sometimes it will not shift until well into the redline and I believe I came close to burning my trans as a result. Nevertheless, if you don't mind watching your RPMs when driving hard, I think it is well worth $795... I can't comment on verifiable gains as I don't plan to ever dyno my Wag.

#8 ·
Of couse each company that sells ECU flashes dynos some G to get their numbers. However, a company like Kleeman requires the ECU to be sent to their USA headquarters in Colorado and since I'm not close to Colorado they wouldn't have had the ability to dyno my specific Wag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.