Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Are wheel sizes between a 2004 G55 and G500 the same?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  shochu 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a stock set on wheels for my 2004 G55 and notice the the G500 star style on my spare. Notice plenty of the G500 style for sale and wanted to know if they are the same width. The stock tire size of the G55 is 285/55/18 vs 265/60/18 on the G500.

#2 · (Edited)
So I'm seeing a bit of mixed info but I believe the AMG rims are 9.5" wide and the OEM G500 rims are 7.5" wide.

I saw a couple of postings that said the G500 stars are 9.5" wide as well, so it looks like my post has been super helpful and informative.

You're welcome.

Call a dealership.

Edit - please try to avoid putting the G500 rims on your AMG. The fenders are wider for a reason and the narrower (if they are 7.5") G500 wheels will look turrible. As most people will agree, the thing with these trucks is that they are not for the faint of wallet. Sure, the prices have come down considerably over the last decade (brought one into my garage because of this) they are still $120,000 vehicles when it comes to the maintenance.

I have EASILY spent another $15,000 on various services, parts and consumables over the past three years and 100,000km's, not including the $30,000 I've spent on fuel at $700-1500/mo.

#3 ·
Looks is always in the eye's of the beholder. I think they look better than the AMG wheels of my G's era. Think they didn't stand up to the test of time. The Star wheel look closer to the current wheel but smaller. I'm looking to use these for off-road only, as I got a set of bling wheels for the street. At my age now, I'm not into bling, but I and the wifey likes them, so they will stay. Think the star wheel was factory on my G since it's on spare. Doubt the previous owners got rid of the AMG wheels and bought another one for the spare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.