Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Brrrrr a cold night out for my cab - pic

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Thomas_S 
#1 ·
Hi G-owner's !
Season greetings from Norway, as you can see from the pic (yesterday at the cabin)my cab (yes with ski rack) is longing for those warm summer days again, but thanks to the already powerful built in heater and the webasto, we manage to stay warm and comfortable, until the summer comes again, (sometime in 5 months...)[:)]

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice pic!

I never thought it would be possible but since moving to the west(ie wet) coa...

Nice pic!

I never thought it would be possible but since moving to the west(ie wet) coast, I actually miss the snow.

There is something so very peaceful about fresh falling snow!

#4 ·
Uah, looks really cold ...

... you better should think about a Hard-Top for your G.

When I see such pictures I always remember why I bought a closed Station Wagon ... [8D]

'G'reeting from good old germany, Arnd

#6 ·
Thomas S Question

Thomas

Love that picture; hope to be in some snow sometime this winter! Pacific North West is unseasonably dry and kind of warm!

Question, how do your plastic windows hold up under extreme temperature changes?

Tom V

#7 ·
plastic - window

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies, I'll be happy to swap two weeks of snow for two weeks of west coast weather !

The windows hold up fairly ok, except do not attempt to bend them...I managed to break a hole in one of my windows, this was just in 30F - the picture was taken in just 14F, so I haven tested them in any colder climate than that, have been a bit afraid that the windows would just brake by itself in high speed/cold situations, but so far so good. In fact I'm surprised how warm the car manages to stay, the thing that bugs me the most is the wind noise...

by the way, was in New York two weeks ago, it was very nice to see a couple of G500's cruising down on Manhattan.

Thomas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.