Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Photo DIY- W463 Hydraulic Service

10K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Kuba Kalinowski 
#1 ·
I realized I have not posted the Hydraulic (Differential and Brake Systems) for the W463, so Since I am doing my ANNUAL Service, I would shoot some Photos.

I know MBUSA says "BI-Annual", I prescribe to the Euro-WIS ANNUAL Interval... Especially Living in a very Hot & HUMID Environ. It's not a big deal when you get everything set up... then I can do all 5 Vehicles at once.

I use the MB Brake Fluid... I'm sure there are several other options out there... it's just what I like.

I tried something "different" this year: I am using the Hipine "Retrograde" Bleeding of the Differential system, since the Differential Reservoir is not quite as "Robust" as the Brake Reservoir, it makes me a bit nervous Pressurizing the Diff system to 2 Bar. I have heard stories of the Tubing becoming dislodged, making quite the mess. Using the Specially Designed ATE Bleeding Nipple Adapter for this procedure makes it a Snap!!

Please remember to work Safely... and Test the Brake PRIOR to venturing onto the Roadways!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Does that Retrograde bleeding method mean you are using that ATE adapter to pull or "suck" the fluid through the bleeding screw? So you would clean and fill the reservoir first then attach your suction tube on it then crack the bleeder until it runs clear? Great write ups, love your garage set up. Very nice.

#5 ·
No, Retrograde as in the REVERSE of the normal flow, which would be from Reservoir to Slave.

You suck out the fluid from the RESERVOIR first, then PUSH the New fluid from the Differentail Slave, UP into the Reservoir. Just be sure you don't Over-Flow the Reservoir.

"Supposedly" with the design of these slave cylinders, there is a more complete Flushing doing it this method, versus the Antegrade method used in the Braking system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.