Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

LOU LAZ- Info please on your G and dealer!!!

989 views 9 replies 0 participants last post by  marco 
G
#1 ·
Hey Lou, thanks for the info. I am in Minneapolis and my wife wants a G500 badly. Every dealer is telling us SUMMER!!! That is too long to wait, but we dont want to pay 85-90,000 for a car that is listed at 72,000. It is rediculous that some dealers are screwing their clients over by asking so much over MSRP for this car. Now I drive a 2001 S55, but a G500 is not worth 104,000 either. What did you pay and do you know if they ship??? And how do you like your G? How does the Tectite Grey/Black combination look? Our dealer just delivered that combi but we weren't able to see it and I have always loved the dark metallics from MB. My S55 is Black Opal/Black and it is beautiful!!! I hope to hear back from you ASAP. We can't find one to drive obviously so any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

G
#4 ·
I am taking delivery from Vin Devers Mercedes in Toledo, Ohio. I am paying list. I live in NY state and am flying in to Detroit ($300) and will be picked up by dealer and driven one hour to the dealer where I pick up the car. I have done this many times for those of you who are nervous about not buying from your local dealer. Often the cars I like are unavailable on the East Coast or marked up outrageously. My local dealer has mentioned several times that he would not be surprised if MB increased the price next year and he can not get a car to me until March, 2003. I have never had a big problem buying a car like this. I will let you know how this works. I am speaking to the dealer today - do you want me to ask any questions (color, options, how soon)? I have a tectite with a chrome brushbar and the V60 phone with the voice control - all at list.<br> <br> marco

G
#5 ·
It would be great to know how soon I could get one. In a darker color and at list price. I would really appreciate the feedback and it would be great to be able to find one of these awesome cars at list available now. (or soon) What dealer are you working with again? Thanks a lot!!!

G
#6 ·
Dave,<br>
<br>
I did a search of about two dozen M-B dealers in the Upper Midwest (Chicagoland, Rockford, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin) at the end of December looking to move-up on waiting list that I had been on since August.<br>
<br>
The dealership in Rockford doesn't take orders, and sells their G's to the highest bidder when the trucks come in. They claim to get $15 - 20K over list. That's an option you seem not to be interested in. There are also a couple of dealers in Chicagoland that do the same thing. The ones that are charging list price have waiting lists that run into the summer (if you're that lucky). You'll just need to call around.<br>
<br>
If you're willing to drive, give a call to the dealers in Iowa (the 3 dealers were charging list), Illinois, and Wisconsin (4 of the 5 were charging MRSP) to see if things have changed. It was pretty much the same deal -- nothing until summer.<br>
<br>
At this point in time, if you want a specific color combination, the earliest you are looking at would be summer. Dealers have to lock options on the vehicle roughly one-month prior to production with MBUSA / DCAG (that would put you from mid-March order to mid-April production, with an end-May delivery date). That's assuming you could find a dealer with an open mid-April production date.<br>
<br>
Most dealers, if they are ordering trucks without buyers, are ordering either Brilliant Silver / Ash or flat 040 Black / Charcoal combinations, without the only factory-installed options (the Motorola TimePort cellular telephone and a complete set of the NAV cd's). Brush guards, AMG wheels, cargo trays, all-weather mats, etc. are all considered dealer accessories, and therefore get added at the dealership.<br>
<br>
I had one of the dealers, that I had previously contacted, give me a call in mid-January because they just got a special allocation G from MBUSA and had to sell before January 31; I was in my truck within two weeks. Black Opal with Ash.<br>
<br>
Good luck!

G
#8 ·
Marco: funny story about your dealer

Marco,<br> <br> Something funny. I am originally from Toledo and I bought a car from Ken Millen years ago. It was a brand new 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo. Vin Devers at the time was only a Dodge dealer. I was 19 and it was my second year of college. Ken treated my like an adult and gave me a very fair deal. Funny the things you remember.<br> <br> Best Regards,<br> <br> Steve M.

G
#9 ·
I paid $82,000, not including sales tax, registration, etc. It arrived Saturday and is having the phone installed today. I'll pick it up tomorrow. Stuart found this one for me from a dealer in Kentucky who apparently was just getting it in. I didn't have a specific charge to bring it to Boston (by flatbed truck). Right now he has a black/black and a green/black that he has on hand to sell. Good Luck.

G
#10 ·
Re: Marco: funny story about your dealer

PS.<br> Isn't it funny how we can remember (including the name of the dealer) a pleasant experience like yours for many years? All those dealers who are out there gouging us take notice.<br> <br> marco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.