Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

350 GD turbodiesel

4K views 5 replies 0 participants last post by  Wolfgang 
G
#1 ·
Hi! Since yesterday I become a new proud owner of a 350 GD turbodiesel (3,5/136HP). Car is in mint condition. It's 1993 LWB model with air condition, leather, wood etc., and (I'think) only 110000 km (aprox. 69000 mls). I live in Croatia (Europe) and I have pay aprox. 20000 $ in croatian currency. What do you guys think about my new pet? I don't have any experiance with a G, and I think in this group was a few experts for G. Any advice, or comment? <br><p>

G
#2 ·
Hello!<p>I love that G model. I hope to have one like that someday too. I had a 300GD one time but I had so sell it. I would like to drive that turbo model!<p>Maybe I can see you next year... the "Croatia Trophy" race is coming there in May of 2002. I am a race driver in it ...driving a 6x6 Pinzgauer (which is made by Steyr Puch.. like the G)<p>Vince Sweeney<br><ul><li><a href="http://www.real4x4.com">REAL 4x4's LLC</a></ul><p>

G
#3 ·
: Hi! Since yesterday I become a new proud owner of a 350 GD turbodiesel (3,5/136HP). Car is in mint condition. It's 1993 LWB model with air condition, leather, wood etc., and (I'think) only 110000 km (aprox. 69000 mls). I live in Croatia (Europe) and I have pay aprox. 20000 $ in croatian currency. What do you guys think about my new pet? I don't have any experiance with a G, and I think in this group was a few experts for G. Any advice, or comment? <p><p>Congratulations on the Gwagen. I guess I only have one comment on that particular engine. It may be one of MBs worst. They wear out prematurely, usually by 100k miles, certainly not up to the previous reputation of MB diesels. I think there is more detailed info on mbz.org Sorry to rain on your parade, but with some info now maybe you can figure out a way to make it last longer, explore your options. Best of luck.<p><br><p>

G
#4 ·
Re: Re: 350 GD turbodiesel

: Hello!<p>: I love that G model. I hope to have one like that someday too. I had a 300GD one time but I had so sell it. I would like to drive that turbo model!<p>: Maybe I can see you next year... the "Croatia Trophy" race is coming there in May of 2002. I am a race driver in it ...driving a 6x6 Pinzgauer (which is made by Steyr Puch.. like the G)<p>: Vince Sweeney<p>Tnx. Vince. Hope we see next year. But 6x6 Pinz? Wow. It's a serious stuff compare with my (roadie) G.<p><br><p>

G
#5 ·

: : Hi! Since yesterday I become a new proud owner of a 350 GD turbodiesel (3,5/136HP). Car is in mint condition. It's 1993 LWB model with air condition, leather, wood etc., and (I'think) only 110000 km (aprox. 69000 mls). I live in Croatia (Europe) and I have pay aprox. 20000 $ in croatian currency. What do you guys think about my new pet? I don't have any experiance with a G, and I think in this group was a few experts for G. Any advice, or comment? <p><br>: Congratulations on the Gwagen. I guess I only have one comment on that particular engine. It may be one of MBs worst. They wear out prematurely, usually by 100k miles, certainly not up to the previous reputation of MB diesels. I think there is more detailed info on mbz.org Sorry to rain on your parade, but with some info now maybe you can figure out a way to make it last longer, explore your options. Best of luck.<p>Tnx. for your info about 350 engines. I know a few people with aprox. 250k miles withou any problem. Mostly road use, but? I think this particular one is in good shape, but wi'll see.<br><p>

G
#6 ·

> It may be one of MBs worst. <p><br>Brent,<p>the 350 GD works fine with European diesel (EN590) -<br>just not with low cetane high aromatics US diesel.<p>Wolfgang<br><ul><li><a href="http://www.whnet.com/4x4/diesel.html">Some Mercedes Diesel Fuel Links etc. etc.</a></ul><p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.