DIY youtube videos - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > G-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2008
Vehicle: 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 1981 Mercedes Benz 300D
Send a message via Skype™ to scottmp123
DIY youtube videos

I'm not sure about all of you but when I am at a restaurant I need to look at the pictures in order to find out what it is that I want to eat. So, I was thinking every time I need to do something to my G I look it up in the forums and read about how to do it. What I'm thinking about doing is loading some videos up on youtube of me actually doing the work. I'll probably start off with videos showing where things are, showing how to take out the door sills and how to fix them, removing the brush guard, installing all the guards, oil changes, things like that, as that's pretty much where I am at anyways with my abilities. Let me know if you guys think it would be a good idea or if there is already something like this out there. If it works out people could send me the videos and we could make a good source for people with G's to go to who are like me and need a good visual to help them out.

Hope to hear from you all
Scott
Attached Thumbnails
DIY youtube videos-g5.jpg  
scottmp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2010
Do it!
drew138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmp123 View Post
I'm not sure about all of you but when I am at a restaurant I need to look at the pictures in order to find out what it is that I want to eat. So, I was thinking every time I need to do something to my G I look it up in the forums and read about how to do it. What I'm thinking about doing is loading some videos up on youtube of me actually doing the work. I'll probably start off with videos showing where things are, showing how to take out the door sills and how to fix them, removing the brush guard, installing all the guards, oil changes, things like that, as that's pretty much where I am at anyways with my abilities. Let me know if you guys think it would be a good idea or if there is already something like this out there. If it works out people could send me the videos and we could make a good source for people with G's to go to who are like me and need a good visual to help them out.

Scott
Scott,
Did you post the DIY videos on YouTube?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
C240-MERC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: W204 C320CDI 2009 and W639 Vito 115CDI 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmp123 View Post

Scott
Scott,

I've put up videos on YT of various maintenance things I've done on my W204 C320CDI and my W639 Vito van and my motorcycle.

So do it to share the knowledge.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-72EN_pqUU

Scott.
I'm riding for you #52, my dear son Cameron 1985-2009

Last edited by Scott52; 09-21-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Scott52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2013
better idea than standing on the turning markers
amg463 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > G-Class