Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Complete set of EPC disks

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jperezunico 
#1 ·
Has anyone purchased the Complete EPC set of discs from sellers on EBAY? Was wondering if one has to uninstall one's existing installion. It was a mission to get my installation working with both old and newer versions simulationsly ( W123 issue 2001 , W460 issue 2003)I hope I don't have to go through the nightmare again!

Peter Merle

#3 ·
4x4abc - 1/29/2006 5:18 PM

The manual provided by Mercedes with all original EPC states that you have to install older versions first before installing newest versions. See image of manual on my web site: http://www.4x4abc.com/G-Class/part-original.html

Harald
Harald, I'm pretty sure that you meant uninstall the older version. Right? [;)]

#4 ·
Ducth,

nope, no need to uninstall older versions. Point is, if you want to run different versions - they need to be installed in sequence. The older ones first and then followed by the next newer ones.
The MB manual is pretty clear on that one.

Harald

#5 ·
I have the EPC compact on my pc running windows xp pro and I installed the 2 DVD full epc as well (from ebay)runs fine with only minor gliches when it forgets the key for a while but most of the time its fine. you need to have a network card in your pc or the microsoft network emulation for the full epc to work. The best thing is reverse lookup for parts numbers to models.

#6 ·
4x4abc - 1/29/2006 7:46 PM

Ducth,

nope, no need to uninstall older versions. Point is, if you want to run different versions - they need to be installed in sequence. The older ones first and then followed by the next newer ones.
The MB manual is pretty clear on that one.

Harald
Sorry. You're right. They must have changed things. A few versions ago, you had to uninstall the old one, or the new one wouldn't work. Out of habit I still do that; and the new ones seem to work A-OK.

#7 ·
Send me please information!!!

Hello, I'm new here! :)

I downloaded EPC-Compact CDDBC12 of p2p and has 604 MB in size.

I have XP, and did what you said, everything installed without a problem!

But restart, I click the shortcut (EPC Compact) and the first time asked me to put the CD, I did, but reads it and nothing happens! :mad:

We also tried (W98) and has the same problem! :crybaby2:

What might be the problem? :confused:

Thank you very much for your attention! :thumbsup:

Sorry my english! I speak spanish! :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.