Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1995 W124 E320, 1982 W123 240D, 1991 W126 560SEL, 1993 W201 190E, 1978 C107 450SLC, 1992 W140 300SD
Location: Fairfax, VA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wrenching Party in DC Area (Fairfax)
Hi, is anyone interested in getting together to work on any of the "projects" that I have in my signature.
I live in Fairfax, VA - close to DC area. There are several things I want to get done. And I'm offering "learning and experience" to anyone who wants to help out or just hang out.
Here is a list of immediate projects.
1. Remove and install a transmission from a W124 E320. Have a tranny in unknown condition from MY 89 W124 - want to install it into MY 95 and see if it works.
2. Rebuild 722.502 transmission. The one from above removed from MY 95 has badly slipping reverse. Need to rebuild. I have some manuals but no experience which means I'm going to be learning the hard way.
3. Take apart M103 motor. I have this motor out of MY 89 W124 on a bench stand. I'm looking to take it apart and potentially rebuild. Trying to learn how fuel injection works.
4. Take M103 motor out of 190E and use it for some spare parts on M103 3.0L from #3. Replace 2.6 motor with 3.0 motor in 190E.
5. Take M112 motor out of W210 and rebuild. Figure out how to run it on a bench. Figure out if I can mate a manual 5s tranny from 190E to M112 motor.
6. Architect and weld together a motor test bench - something I can run a gas motor outside of a car.
7. Take out OM603 Engine out of W140 300SD and rebuild.
8. Repair rust bubble on the fender of the MY 95 W124 - will grind out the rust and weld in new metal. Anyone interested in learning/watching/coaching is welcome.
Please send me a PM if you are interested.
Now looking for sewing lessons
1982 W123 240D "Turtle"
1995 W124 E320 "Rogue", 1991 W126 560SEL "Pegasus", 1992 W140 300SD, 1990 W201 190E 2.6, 1978 C107 450SLC, 1973 R107 450SL, 1999 W140 S500.
Gone but not forgotten:
1988 W126 560SEL - got rear ended, 1993 W124 500E - parted.
| In DC Area? Rent my tools, time, trailer or knowledge!