post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2011
Vehicle: '06 SLK 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
SLK/SL Meet in Indiana.

Hello, MGalo here. I am organizing an SLK/SL Meet in Indiana to be held on Saturday, June 4th. I have options of; #1. an all day event from 8AM(breakfast) 'til ??? #2&3. Starting with lunch/11:30AM 'til ???

#1 would start in Greencastle IN with breakfast at either The Putnam Inn or The Monon Restaurant and end in Greencastle at Old Toppers Pub and Steakhouse. This would be ~300 miles/6-6:30 hours total.

#2 would start at The Canyon Inn/McCormick's Creek State park with lunch, 11:30AM-1:00PM and would end in Greencastle at Old Toppers Pub and Steakhouse. this would be ~250 miles/5-5:30 hours total.

#3 would start at The Canyon Inn/McCormick's Creek State park with lunch, 11:30AM-1:00PM and would return there for dinner. This would be ~200 miles/4-4:30 hours total.

If anyone IS interested and NOT a member of SLK World, please post in this thread and I will keep the tally on SLKW AND here. If anyone wishes to join in on the fun without voting, I WILL be making the route option decision by next Saturday and will post it in this thread.

Again, if interested, let my know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
The vote totals so far are #1. 0, #2. 1, #3. 2.
As you can see, it's not a big vote turn-out. My vote is not included in the tallys; I would prefer #1 as I've done that twice, but it seems people aren't into an all-day "thing", which is fine. I'll probably go with #3, since I've visited the eating location and AM impressed with the location and "ambiance".
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
It looks like option #3 is the choice. I will try to get the route on Google Maps this weekend.
So, we will meet at The Canyon Inn-McCormick's Creek State Park in Spencer Indiana, from 11:30AM 'til 12:45PM, have a short "meeting" then start the drive at 1PM. The full details will be posted. We CAN meet in the parking lot at TCI-McCCSP before 11:30AM, if people want to do so. I don't think the park people will mind; the park IS open.

See you there!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 01:53 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 2002 SLK320
Sounds awesome! Sorry I missed the post earlier. I will make it, if it doesn't rain...

Dave
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Hello Dave(sounds like "2001 A Space Odyssey"),

Great! Don't let rain stop you. Last year for a Toyota MR2 Spyder Meet, starting in Greencastle, a very light rain fell for the first 20-25 min., then the Sun was out for the rest of the day. WE look forward to meeting you and sharing the road(s)!

I will try my best to get the route on Google Maps this weekend
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Here is the route on Google Maps. The start is in Spencer Indiana, the Canyon Inn/McCormick's Creek SP. Enjoy;
Indiana SLK/SL Meet - Google Maps
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Just a reminder, the meet is Saturday, June 4th; lunch from 11:30AM 'til 12:45PM, leave at 1:00PM.

I'm planning on arriving no later than 11:00AM, so if anyone wants to get there early and schmooze...
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
I drove the "out route" today, and all is well There were only 2 spots , on the edge of the road, where the pavement wasn't nearly perfect and they are really of no consequence.

2 weeks from today ...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
I just discovered the "balloons" after the starting location aren't in order...the drive goes to Bedford, continues to Story and loops back through Bedford and back to The Canyon Inn. Sorry for the mess-up.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
I WILL post a list of the roads IN ORDER for any/every-one to print-out(I will have some printed to hand out also, just in case). I wish I could afford to drive the route every week, but with the cost of gas being what it is...

Ah yes, gas; I use Shell almost exclusively, and Spencer has a Circle K Shell Station, so that is convenient. If anyone wishes to use a different gas brand, Spencer also has a Speedway and there is a BP in Cloverdale just South of I70 on US231...and, if at all possible, please have as close to a full tank as possible when we star. This will eliminate delays waiting for a fill-up during the route.

Soooo, we(my wife and I) plan on arriving between 10:30 and 11:00AM so I can greet everyone. I hope to have some rudimentary signs pointing the way near The Canyon Inn.

Oh yes, one more point; MAKE SURE YOU GET A RECEIPT FOR YOUR ENTRY INTO THE PARK. With the receipt, you won't have to pay to get back in for dinner. It costs $5 for an Indiana resident and $7 for a non-resident. As long as there aren't a bunch of "non's", I'll give you the extra $2 back(you can buy me a beer at dinner ).

I'll get the roads up before Friday, I promise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in