Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

M.B.E.G. 2nd annual SoCal Route 66 and Speedway Cruise Saturday October 15th 2011

4K views 36 replies 11 participants last post by  edcarls 
#1 · (Edited)
Mercedes Benz Enthusiasts Group
presents:
The 2nd Annual (O.K.,so we skipped a year)
Route 66 and Speedway Cruise
Saturday October 15th 2011.

The cruise will start in two locations, Cajon Summit at the Summit Inn, and at Norms Restaurant in Santa Monica.
We will cruise Route 66 and meet at the Justice Bros. Museum in Duarte, and we will end the cruise at Toyota Speedway in Irwindale to show our cars and make 2 laps on the 1/2 mile oval.
All drivers and 1 passenger will get free entrance to the speedway for Saturday nights NASCAR racing.
Any additional guests get 1/2 off admission ($7.50).

This event is for ALL Mercedes Benz automobiles however, keep in mind it is also a car show, so we need to have our cars nice and clean and shiny for the event!! I would like to see more older 123's, 116's and maybe some vintage 107's, 108's and 111's at this event, so if you know someone who has an older car, please invite them to join us!
I will make up a flier that you can print to give to other MBZ owners that may not be on the forums. Also, I will try to make available car placards to display on your car at the car show.
If you've attended any of the events my brother (ROLLGUY) and I have organized, then you WILL NOT want to miss this one!!!
Stay tuned for updates and sign up now! .......Dennis

Here is the link to the first Route 66 cruise we did in 2009

You can sign up now on this thread, there will not be a separate roll call thread.
Also state if you will be starting at the East or West end of the cruise.

Just copy the last list and paste it into a new reply, then ad your info.​

I'll start the roll call.

Dennis "imdji", Monrovia. 1981 300D "Betty" -West

See less See more
#3 ·
New Web Site.......

I have built a new website for Mercedes Benz Enthusiasts Group.
When you sign up for membership, you will get email updates on future M.B.E.G. events.
I will always post on the Bezworld Events thread when planning a new event, however, signing up on M.B.E.G. means you do not have to keep checking the Events thread to find out about future M.B.E.G. events.

Why not take a few minutes and sign up now!

See you at an M.B.E.G. event soon.......Dennis

#4 ·
count me in!

btw, the facebook login doesn't work...

I have built a new website for Mercedes Benz Enthusiasts Group.
When you sign up for membership, you will get email updates on future M.B.E.G. events.
I will always post on the Bezworld Events thread when planning a new event, however, signing up on M.B.E.G. means you do not have to keep checking the Events thread to find out about future M.B.E.G. events.

Why not take a few minutes and sign up now!

See you at an M.B.E.G. event soon.......Dennis

#6 ·
Count me in, too!
Dennis "imdji", Monrovia. 1981 300D "Betty" - (West)
MJ "Mj50", S. Pasadena, 04 E55 (West)
Trais "GWNorris3rd", Fresno, '03 E320 (East)

#8 ·
"You can sign up now on this thread, there will not be a separate roll call thread.
Also state if you will be starting at the East or West end of the cruise.
Just copy the last list and paste it into a new reply, then ad your info."

#11 ·
You can arrive at either starting point as early as you like.
We will depart at 9:00 a.m.

#15 ·
planning on coming from northern calif. better for us to meet east but originally said west. do we meet at a particular time to start or just be at duartes by a certain time?

and how do i get a pic by my name?

brian and jack
The itinerary is available to print. If you can't get to Summit Inn by 10, you could meet the group at any of the three stops in between or at Legends at 1:20. Just give Rich a call.......

#16 ·
Itinerary is available.
Here are your options:
10:00 at Summit Inn
1:20 at Legends or 2:00 at Justice Bros.
3:00 at Toyota Speedway

#14 · (Edited)
Route 66 directions and itinerary.......

Attached are the directions and itinerary for both the East and West routes.
PLEASE PRINT A COPY FOR YOURSELF.
I made a few changes:
We will all eat lunch together at Legends Classic Diner and if time allows, we will visit Justice Bros. Automotive Museum.
Both groups should leave at 10:00 a.m. however, if everyone is there and you wish to leave earlier, go ahead. If we save time at all the stops and get to Legends earlier than 1:20, we'll head over to Justice Bros.
The weather should be great for our drive and for the racing Saturday evening.
If you can't make it to either of the starting points before 10, please call Rich (East) (626) 824-4404 or Dennis (West) (626) 498-3331.
See you Saturday morning.......

p.s. Once we enter the speedway around 3:30 - 4:00, you will not be able to enter, so don't be late.......

Attachments

#20 ·
Happy to say that my 2nd cataract surgery two days ago went great so both eyes are now like new again!!

So to celebrate I will be coming down from Northern California in a "new" car I bought in late July which will make its public So Cal debut.

It's a 1995 Almandine Red E 420, that I am hoping to fetch from the Mercedes Benz dealer in Rocklin today after some refreshment on it that started last week, and so far I have added 17" AMG monoblocks, 40% tint, a Lorinser trunk spoiler and a trunk triangle to it. (SO FAR..):)

My 1991 SEC has a head gasket going out and the new ECE 300 hp replacement 560 HV 10:1 motor is going into it after next week sometime when the car & engine are hauled to the shop

And I hope to hit So Cal sometime Friday and join the cruise bright and early Saturday. !!

Nobody does them better than my friends Rich and Dennis, they are the best event planners and organizers there are.

I'd like to start this time on the east side at the Summit, as that area is not as known to me, and the last event I started out on the Santa Monica side..

Hope to see you folks there...

Dennis "imdji", Monrovia. 1981 300D "Betty" - (West)
MJ "Mj50", S. Pasadena, 04 E55 (West)
Trais "GWNorris3rd", Fresno, '03 E320 (East)
Brian & Jack "obnoxiousdonkey", Roseville, '82 380SEC (West)
Den "Thaden25" San Fernando Valley, 01 CLK320 (West)
Jim "cascade", Grass Valley, 1995 E420 (East)

#22 ·
Looks like I'm going to miss a awesome drive and trip around the oval @Toyota Speedway... as I'm still in Monterey for work! I hope there is lotcha pictures taken and posted!:crybaby2:

#34 · (Edited)
Photos from the East side of the Cruise

The Summit Inn put our event flier on the front door:

The whole gang ready to head out:

I saw this car driving in town the other day, so I followed it to the drivers home. I introduced myself, and invited him (Jim) to the Cruise. He has a beautiful '67 300SE (less than 300 made worldwide):

He had a Euro plate made with the CA lic. No.:

A few photos of the Cruise along Rt.66:

I saw this on the road, and could not resist:

#35 · (Edited)
More photos

On Foothill Blvd. we cruised by the Wigwam Motel for a photo or two:

We stopped by Glendora Auto Repar (specializing in M B & BMW) for some photos:

A couple photos at Legends:

More to follow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.