post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Photoshoot - looking for cars

Hello,
I am a photographer and photography student located in and around Atlanta, GA.
I come here looking for anybodies help or interest in getting some nice shots of their cars. Within the next month or two, I will be shooting about 4 automotive photography projects for some of my schools assignments.

So far, detailed concepts have not been made yet as I am looking to see if getting actual cars and car owners to participate in a shoot will be possible.

I am looking for any classic, late model, or unique Mercedes(or equal kinds of cars) to be used in these shots. As a student, renting something nice is obviously out of the question as photo gear that I will be renting/producing to make automotive shots nice can get quite pricey as well. I do NOT plan on selling these shots or doing anything with them. This is a school assignment designed to build my book.

What are you getting into? Good question as this isn't exactly a point and shoot type project.
Setting up, shooting, and basically the time needed with the car in place can be hours. 3++ most likely.

This is a free thing. I will gladly hand over a disc with the finished shots on it as well for you to do whatever with.

Check out my site (www.burdg.com) if you would like. Disregard the automotive section as the quality of those photos are WAY below what I am looking for in the final product.

Feel free to message me if you are interested or have any questions. I'm sure I may have left something out. I actually live in Senoia, ga for you GA residence.

Thanks!
Kyle Burdg
Burdg Photography
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
more info here...

I just emailed this to a friend. So far a 911 on board.......

I have 4 shots I will be shooting from next week to december. Not all shots with your Porsche and not all concepts are set in stone, but these are the ideas.

1: One will be a still of the car in front of a particular background. Looking for a old style/antiquish/humble looking church as the background. It will probably take a 3-4 hours to shoot. locations are in PTC so far.

2: Motion shot. I will probably try this one first. locations are a number of nice looking roads in PTC, brooks, senoia. You may or may not want to be a part of this shot and its cool if not. It requires setting up a rig on the car. Basically 2 suction cups attach to the hood or roof. 2 clamps hold a 12' pole. On the end of the pole will be the camera set up to see the whole car in frame. It would be driven say 10mph. Combined with a long camera exposure creates some nice motion shots. The rig is made up of all photo/video equipment....no home depot stuff will be touching the car nor dangling a $4000 camera. It will probably take a couple hours also. depending on how long setting up the rig takes.

3: Studio shot. Since renting a space where a car can be driven into costs a ton, I will most likely be making/biulding a space to work. Which means this shot will most likely take the longest. Studio shots for me take 3 hours+...and thats dealing with small items and light equipment....so a good part of the day I would guess. Here's a link for what I'm going for...but better. Photography Portfolio Search Results - Workbook.com

4. Not sure yet
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 04:19 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Right now I'm not in contact with such people.But I if any body comes in contact with me I will definitely help you out.Thanks for this information and giving your reference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in