M.B.E.G. SoCal Route 66 and Speedway Cruise roll call thread....... - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1981 300D "Betty" running Waste Vegetable Oil
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
West leg itinerary.......

Yes, it's finally here. A PDF file for the West leg of the cruise is attached. I recommend you print a copy and have it in the car with you.
I have pre-run the West leg and there are a lot of signals and traffic. Although it's only about 40 miles, it takes longer than the East leg's 70 miles.
We will meet up with the East leg's drivers @ Justice Brothers and continue with the whole group to the speedway.
Once you arrive at the speedway, we will park our cars in the "Chalet" area. All drivers and passengers will sign in and be issued a wrist band. . We will draw our last card of 7 to make a 5 card poker hand. After opening the envelopes, the best hand will be the winner.
We will have about 30 minutes to get settled before the speedway opens.
If you are staying for the races, bring warm clothes and blankets as it will be cold!
If you are not staying for the races after the parade laps, you must park your car outside in the parking lot.
If you have any questions, you can reach me on my cell phone @ (626) 824-1726.
See you Saturday.......Dennis
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Route 66 West.pdf (52.1 KB, 66 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 11:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: W-1-2-3 Go!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
So what are the earliest times we can meet up at the initial meeting points at the West and East ends, so we can have a chat/park our cars/do some photography before heading out?

When heading out, do we stop over for another chat, park the cars, etc? Or do we just stop over for something and get going once again?

It would be great if we could get that information so we know what to expect. I plan to meet others at 7AM before heading out. That will probably get us there early, maybe 8AM in Santa Monica. Lots of time to chat and hang around (breakfast maybe?).

Sorry I had to ask, maybe others have the same questions but don't want to post them up. This also makes it easier to know what to expect before arriving.

Thanks for doing the flyers and dry run, I'll definitely print it out.

post #63 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
To imdji, mbeige and others that asked, I indeed plan to show up for the event, at the West side, as I have enjoyed these events before.

I am leaving for So Cal in about 30 minutes from up here. Thanks, it looks to be another great event I could not miss

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #64 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBeige View Post
So what are the earliest times we can meet up at the initial meeting points at the West and East ends, so we can have a chat/park our cars/do some photography before heading out?

When heading out, do we stop over for another chat, park the cars, etc? Or do we just stop over for something and get going once again?

It would be great if we could get that information so we know what to expect. I plan to meet others at 7AM before heading out. That will probably get us there early, maybe 8AM in Santa Monica. Lots of time to chat and hang around (breakfast maybe?).

Sorry I had to ask, maybe others have the same questions but don't want to post them up. This also makes it easier to know what to expect before arriving.

Thanks for doing the flyers and dry run, I'll definitely print it out.
Hi guys,
You can meet as early as you like, for breakfast or just to visit. I plan to be @ Norms about 9:00. Rich will be @ Summit Inn early for breakfast if you wish to show up early.
Please be ready to leave on time at 10:00. I have built in 15-20 minutes at each stop to stretch, use the restroom, chat or take pictures. If we get behind, we'll have less time at the next stop. As soon as we stop, all the drivers will draw a card for their poker hand. The cards are in envelopes and we will open them together at the speedway and find out who the winners are.
The weather will be nice tomorrow, in the mid 70's. Don't forget to bring warm clothes if you plan to stay for the races, it may get down to the mid 50's. You might bring a folding chair to sit in at the speedway during the "show", after the parade laps, we will park our cars and sit in the stands together to watch the racing.
If you can't make it for the whole cruise, you can meet us at one of the stops in between or at the speedway after 3:00.
This should be a really fun event! See you tomorrow.......Dennis
p.s. "Get your kicks on Route 66"
post #65 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 05:29 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2009
Vehicle: 1985 300CD "Ava"
I'ts looking like I might have to work tomorrow morning so I might miss what looks to be a great trip. I will try to make it though.
post #66 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpadrino View Post
I'ts looking like I might have to work tomorrow morning so I might miss what looks to be a great trip. I will try to make it though.
Show up at the speedway between 3:00 and 3:30 and you can still join us!!

www.mbeg.webs.com
"Arbee" 1985 300D anthracite grey/palomino
"Boss" - 1991 300D (124) 2.5 Turbo Diesel (Sandy's car)
"Sherlock"- 1982 MB 300CD white/palomino (Kellee's car)
"Watson" 1981 300CD white/blue (Kristy's car)
"Harrison II"- 1997 Ford F250 Crewcab white/grey - 7.3 PSD running a WVO/RUG blend in 2nd tank.
post #67 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Let's GO.......

Good morning all......
Start your engines!
I'm leaving Monrovia in about 1/2 hour. If you need to get in touch with me, please call me on my cell @ (626) 824-1726 or Rich on his cell @ (626) 824-4404.
Let's roll.......Dennis

www.mbeg.webs.com
"Arbee" 1985 300D anthracite grey/palomino
"Boss" - 1991 300D (124) 2.5 Turbo Diesel (Sandy's car)
"Sherlock"- 1982 MB 300CD white/palomino (Kellee's car)
"Watson" 1981 300CD white/blue (Kristy's car)
"Harrison II"- 1997 Ford F250 Crewcab white/grey - 7.3 PSD running a WVO/RUG blend in 2nd tank.
post #68 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 08:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: W-1-2-3 Go!
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Good morning Dennis!

I have all your numbers. Prepping some stuff before I head over.

PMed a few members for their contact info as well. Hope to see all of you there later.

post #69 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 11:06 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: ML55 ////AMG/CLK320 Cabriolet/GL450
Send a message via Yahoo to Thaden25
I'm gonna meet you guys at Rusnak MB dealer.
post #70 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 11:01 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: ML55 ////AMG/CLK320 Cabriolet/GL450
Send a message via Yahoo to Thaden25
Wow, I had a great time and I got to take my car on a rack track Thank Dennis and everyone for organized this event.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in