SoCAL GTG April 4th 2009 Sylmar CA.
What: GTG and New, Old, Classic, Antique, Diesel, Gasser, Drive to the Casa Gutierrez in Leona Valley for Lunch up a scenic canyon and back down another scenic canyon to, it time permits, a local JY.
When: April 4, 2009, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Nethercutt Auto Museum
15200 Bledsoe St.
We will do a Nethercutt Auto Museum tour at 10:00 A.M. Followed by the canyon drive to Leona Valley.
Lunch will be at Casa Gutierrez, Mexican and Seafood Restaurant in Leona Valley. The owner has graciously given us the banquet room up stairs, and he'll clear the parking lot for us if I call ahead so we can stage our cars in front and around the place. They aren't too busy on Sat afternoons. They have good steaks and Seafood there as well as some American food.
The Meet and greet will take place at the Nethercutt Auto Museum parking lot a short distance from I-5. We will do a tour at 10:00 A.M. then take the 5 to the 14 north to Sand Canyon Exit, left to Sierra Hwy, Right to Vasquez Canyon to Bouquet Canyon. Right 20-25 miles to Elizabeth Lake Rd. Left 2 1/2 miles to Casa Gutierrez in Leona Valley.
We will do lunch, have the raffle drawing and do the door prizes and have the swap/sell/buy parts there. When finished we will continue on Elizabeth Lake Rd. to San Fransquito Canyon back to the Valencia area. This canyon comes out on Copper Hill Rd, Right to Newhall Ranch Rd., Right to I-5, Then if there is time we can go to a local JY. I would suggest full fuel tanks just to be safe.
Remember this GTG is for Colin Coon and Ol' Norm and please bring a container of either cleaned used Veggie oil or new or a small donation for Colin. The raffle proceeds will be given in the entirety to Colin to help him on his way home.
For those that don't know. Colin has converted Ol Norm, a 300TD to use WVO and is making a sort of One lap around America. The conversion and the trip is his senior project in high school. Colin wants to become an alternative fuels engineer.
He'll be our guest. If you Google Colin's Green Machine you can find his website and daily blog. As of yesterday he is in Dayton Ohio, having driven from Sarasota Fl. through Washington D.C. on his way here to CA. from CA he will be returning to Sarasota Fl.
I'm working on an email invitation flyer for folks to print out. I will have maps available on the day of the GTG and drive.
All Mb's are welcome.
Here is the Last combined(other forums) attendee list.
if there are any changes or others that want to attend, please sign up here.
There was interest in seeing the Collection in the 2 story building. Unfortunately, there are only two tours on Saturdays, one at 10:00 A.M. and the other at 1:30 P.M. Both are fully booked and they cannot accommodate us for that part of the museum. The Auto Museum is not a reserved basis and we will be able to tour the museum at our leisure.
01. Chadahar, (Charlie) 84 500 SEC euro, Lancaster
02. kodiakj2, (Greg) 84 500 SEC, Redlands
03. El Rojo, 90 560SEL, Los Angeles
04. cascade, (Jim) 91 560SEC AMG, Grass Valley
06. azimuth aviation, (Roy) 84 500 SEL AMG euro, Sacramento
07. SDLCrazier, (Steve) 86 300SDL, Los Angeles
08. karugs, (Patrick) 83 300D turbo, Anaheim
09. Delivery Valve, 79 300SD, Visalia
10. Holtoff, (Mark) 79 300SD, Santa Monica
11. colincoon, (Colin) 80 300TD, Sarasota, FL
12. p4olom, (Paolo) 82 240D, Los Angeles
13. Dieselchatter, (Buzz) 87 190d 2.5, Ontario
14. Turbobenz, (Derrick) 84 300SD, Sacramento
15. iwrock, (Justin) 88 300TE, Sacramento
16. imdji, (Dennis) 83 300D Turbo, Monrovia
17. diesel123dan, (Dan) 78 300D, Santa Clarita
18. jonathan1 (Jonathan) 87 560SEL, Downey
19. sick430, CLK430 Cabrio,
20. jonwhite99, 500SEC Euro, San Diego
21. aroundthescenes, (Kurt) 1986 560SEC, Rancho Vista CA
22. bradelee, (Brad) '87 420 sel, '90 560sel
23. ROLLGUY, (Richard)1982 300CD, High Desert
24. thebenzkid, (Jeff) 87 300TD, Santa Clarita
"I know you think you understand what you thought you heard me say, but what you thought you heard me say is not necessarily what I meant!"
Last edited by Chadahar; 04-01-2009 at 02:31 PM.