post #171 of 193 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 09:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop250SE
thank you, thank you very much...please don't mind the eBay AMG badge on the steering wheel. God help me if one day that airbag deployes....
It will look pretty embossed on your chin. Soon that will be a trend.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 193 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 10:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Guys, Guys, Guys, Guys, and you know who you are.

This is a sandbox for chatting about events. Key words there are CHATTING and EVENTS. This thread has moved well beyond BOTH.

If the conversation is not about the wonderful cars at the event, it needs to stop.

If the conversation is not about how much you can't wait for the next one, it needs to stop.

This is not the bimmerworld forum [and yes I have one of those also so I know of what I type].

Would those who have taken this this thread personal over the past 48 hours please go back and EDIT your comments to express a KINDER AND GENTLER forum tone. We would all appreciate it.

So remember, Hobby, Fun, Friends.

Thanks.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #173 of 193 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 10:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by albozEclass
i dont know why ppl are complainnig about ChopTop's burnouts when that was the only thing cool about the whole meeting...to me it was like a carshow where all C clases were lined up together like they were freaking Mclaren and then on the other side you see a dude showing up with his daddy's porche...
maybe before you all complain like girls about the burnouts,you should complain about how the meeting was organized...

The Reason Most people Complain about the Burnouts and Fast Passes is 1 The POLICE are called and that info is passed along to the city...Then The NEXT Time we want a Permit to host a GTG we are DENIED
Did You See Carlos talking to the Police?...He was trying to calm things down

2 IF One wants to play Ricky Racer take it to the track....Either the drags or Willow Springs....All it takes is ONE Stupid ass to hit a person either walking or on a bike let alone a Baby in a Stroller and the game is over...Can You say Murder 1?

IF You think its sooooo Cool to do Burn Outs and Fast passes and That Carlos Did such a crappy Job of doing a Event ...With getting a permit (The LEGAL Way)
Step up and Lets See YOU Put together a Event ....And Hope NO One gets Hurt or Injured during the Event....

Oh BTW One CAN Be Sued for Liability re the Damages from the Event...
So I Hope you think about that also (IF) You put together a Event

All It Takes Is ONE clown to mess up the GTG for all

You Need To Step back and look at the Whole Picture...and NOT Think just about yourself...
post #174 of 193 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 12:48 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 1980 380 SE (Euro)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Guys, Guys, Guys, Guys, and you know who you are.

This is a sandbox for chatting about events. Key words there are CHATTING and EVENTS. This thread has moved well beyond BOTH.

If the conversation is not about the wonderful cars at the event, it needs to stop.

If the conversation is not about how much you can't wait for the next one, it needs to stop.

This is not the bimmerworld forum [and yes I have one of those also so I know of what I type].

Would those who have taken this this thread personal over the past 48 hours please go back and EDIT your comments to express a KINDER AND GENTLER forum tone. We would all appreciate it.

So remember, Hobby, Fun, Friends.

Thanks.
np. will edit all now.

Anyways, to refer to my FIRST post, i said it seemed more like a ricer meet than a benz meet.

Just because i have a personal opinion on a class, doesn't mean it gives you free reign to insult my PERSONAL ride. If i did offend any c-class owners, i'm sorry. i didn't mean to group you guys with integra's, 240sx's, etc. i just meant that with the body kits, 4 cylinders (and i'm informed that there are also v6's in the c-classes) and burnouts, it seemed like a ricer meet... i was also a bit flustered that the only one who actually tried to make me welcome, was the other w126 sedan owner, needless to say, that made me feel unwelcome.

btw, anyone else notice that some guys have more than 50% of their total posts in this THREAD alone?

Last edited by Batou; 05-17-2007 at 12:50 PM.
post #175 of 193 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 01:57 PM

Date registered: Dec 2002
Vehicle: SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to cyberdrakon Send a message via MSN to cyberdrakon
Batou, C classes also come with V8s, not that it should matter though.

eddie aka cyberdrakon aka drakon

SLK 55 AMG widebody (2006), C36 AMG (1995), 420 SEL (1989)
Previously: 560 SEC RennTech/AMG (1990), 420 SEL (1987).
post #176 of 193 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 03:03 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

hm. interesting. maybe i judged too quickly. well, i'm glad that you're able to inform me without smashing on my w126.

post #177 of 193 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 03:10 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: Hertzmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batou
i was also a bit flustered that the only one who actually tried to make me welcome, was the other w126 sedan owner, needless to say, that made me feel unwelcome.
What made you say that? Was it because of what? Just trying to understand.
post #178 of 193 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 03:16 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

well, when i first parked next to the other w126, i didn't see the owner, so i went looking. After about 15 min, i tried going over to different groups, but it seemed like they were shutting me out... i would walk up to the group... and they'd start moving to the other cars, with no attempt to talk to me... almost as if i, or my benz weren't good enough to join their groups, but or maybe i'm thinking too much into it. (btw, i DID wear deoderant, so i'm sure it wasn't cause i smelled bad)

post #179 of 193 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 03:25 PM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: M62
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batou
well, when i first parked next to the other w126, i didn't see the owner, so i went looking. After about 15 min, i tried going over to different groups, but it seemed like they were shutting me out... i would walk up to the group... and they'd start moving to the other cars, with no attempt to talk to me... almost as if i, or my benz weren't good enough to join their groups, but or maybe i'm thinking too much into it. (btw, i DID wear deoderant, so i'm sure it wasn't cause i smelled bad)
our concerns differ from chassis to chassis thats why people tend to stick to their own kind.

case in point - I met a couple of guys yesterday upgrading an 03 E55 (im talking taking out everything from the interior other than the dash and carpet). They were installing tire sensors, new heated leather seats, the works. And all I can say was "....uhm....wow...".

and there I was standing concerned about my R16 resistor. hahaha

Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft
post #180 of 193 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 03:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karugs
The misunderstanding was that when Sdsilverm3 said the burnout was a stupid move, ChopTop thought Sdsilverm3 was accusing him of being stupid. It was just the act of doing that burn/peelout that Sdsilverm3 said was stupid, not the person.

This was when ChopTop got pissed and wrote so many expletives in his next reply, and that he said he expected to see more "worthy cars". It was this attitude that got this all stirred up, and combined with Batou's calling the C-class group a bunch of ricers and ChopTop's statement of seeing more "worthy" cars.

When I said it was disappointing to see those burnouts, peelouts, and donuts, I said that because it was a family event and children were all around. Add to that the fact that unless it is explicitly stated, doing those burnouts in an event that somebody else organized is disrespectful to the event organizers, attendees, and other people who are in and around the event. Did you ever ask yourself, what would you do, if something went wrong? If the car lost control and crashed into other cars? Worse, somebody got hurt? Granted, nothing happened. But are you going to risk that?

The only reason I had to reply was because whoever did that donut with the w140 drove so fast beside me and my friend while we were just having a chat around our cars. It may not have looked fast from that driver's point of view, but for somebody standing still, believe me, it was.

I have nothing against burnouts, peelouts, and donuts, etc. Just do them where and when it's safe to do so!
Well put. BTW, the guy in the W140 has apologized an infinite number of times now. I lost track at 234,874,731,199.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in