LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 01:21 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2002 CLK55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Anybody in New Jersey

Ok, so I went to Barns & Noble the other day and picked up "Back roads, New Jersey" by Mark DiIonno and a DeLorme New Jersey Road Atlas and started plotting… this is what I’ve come up with... The rally is going to take place in Northern NJ and travel along route 511, through High Point State Park, and loop around in a sort of circle shape back to the starting point. I’m still looking for the best place in the morris/somerset/union county area to meet/start as I want to have enough parking for everyone and have it not be excruciatingly hard to find for someone not immediately familiar with the area. I also want to find a good place for us to stop half way through the drive so we can get some food etc..., which I haven’t located either because I haven’t completely finished mapping out the route. (as I want to make it as visually pleasing as possible - suggestions welcome) Once I complete the planning and take a test drive I will post turn by turn, detailed directions of where we will be going along with a scan of a map with the route highlighted. I will have back up copies with me on Saturday just in case but it’s very important that you remember to bring your own set of directions for safety purposes. I don’t want anyone getting lost or hurt. Wherever we end up meeting in the morning (suggestions welcome) will be from 9am to 12:00pm noon with prompt departure at 12:00pm noon sharp. I will be there bright and early to greet you all and I hope to see a lot of you there. I know I’m not done with all the planning it but I wanted to let you know of any new developments ASAP (as I will continue to do) to affirm the fact that this event is happening (to the people that thought that I couldn’t/wouldn’t pull it off [:P])
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 02:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: SUPERCHARGED Silver Arrow
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
let me know if you guys plan a meet in NJ. I'm in!

SL55 (R129) 5.7L AMG Kompressor engine, 85mm TB, SLR cam shafts, MAHLE forged pistons, ported heads, long tube headers, full AMG exhaust, AMG P030 Brakes, Quaife LSD
CLS55 (R219) 85mm TB, RENNtech air box, Kleemann Headers, 175mm lower & 84mm upper pulley, 550cc injectors & looped rail, EC dyno tune (528rwhp/598rwtq), and a custom IC reservoir behind my front grill to keep things cool
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jun 2006
Guys - come on out to the Villa in Mountain Lakes in NJ (Right on Rt 46) tomorrow June 14th. The Porsche club will be showing Chris Szwedo's documentary about an old racecar (A 1955 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing) and an older racer (John Fitch) and their attempt at a land speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Meeting starts at 8:00pm.

But before the meeting, around 7:15pm, a bunch of car nuts of another German marque will be brining their toys and hanging out in the parking lot. (We call it an informal cruise and social hour)

You're welcome to join us, and need not be driving a Porsche - the parking lot is plenty big for both marques. And if anyone complains about you guys being there, tell them Zoltan invited you, and they can take it up with HIM. (BTW: I'm the program chair and the organizer/coordinator of our monthly meetings). Oh, and for the record, Porsche driver's don't bite, and we certainly don't lift in the corners!

For more details, check out the thread I started on this a couple of posts down.

Hope to see some MB-er's out tomorrow!
-Zoltan, NNJR PCA Program Chair.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 10:55 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: 2005 SLK350
Just saw some details about a meet coming up on July 9th at Garden State Plaza. (northeast NJ) - This was posted on the mbworld forum. I am trying to make it to this one myself.

Spread the word, lets get a good number of people to come out!

Obsidian Black Metallic / Red Leather
Comfort, Lighting, Premium Package
Heating Package + Airscarf
Sport Suspension, MHI Installed
Entertainment Package + Nav

Komfort Variodach Modul (Piecha)
Brabus Style Puddle Lights
Euro Clear Side Markers
Kleyman 1 - Brake Flasher
LED License plate + Dome Bulbs

18 x 8.5 P225/40 - front
18 x 9.5 P255/35 - rear
Pirelli PZero Nero

Custom Flipout 7" LCD
w/Rear Camera, Front Nightvision Camera, TV tuner
No Regrets!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:22 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 2000 E430, 1990 300 SEL
Allamuchy, NJ here (Panther Valley). Near Hackettstown. Is anybody going to generate interest in a GTG in Northern NJ. Let's do it.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: 1985 w201 Euro 2.3-16vlv / 1992 w201 2.6 Sportline Manual
Im down. Newark. Depending on a date i may bring the Euro 16vlv 190e.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 01:03 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1995 MB s320
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bouzouki
i am in the newark area as well..... i was at the edgewater meet last time..... i cant wait for another one so i can show off my ride and see some sweet new ones..... i just got a it and new rims, so i would love to show it off...... let me know everyone.... i am down

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: