LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Atlanta commerce track rental and year one tour

I have recently become acquainted with Kevin king, owner of year one motorsports here in Braselton where I live. If anyone doesn’t know year one sponsors the fast Friday events of which the season is now over. I am considering trying to put together a track rental and get all makes of cars out there this is feeler to see if I can get enough cars to make it worth both his and my time. This event would also include a tour of the humungous facility which specializes in building old school hotrods. I am a fan of every car and people who love their cars so if you guys would like to do this give me your feed back this message is going to bimmerforums.com
supraforums.com
corvetteforum.com
m5board.com
g35frenzy.com
ls1tech.com
m3forums
wrxforums
saleen, cobra, and mightymustangs.com,
viperalley,
viperclub.
mbworld.org
streetfire.net
seloc
mach1registry.com
xtremefordsofatlanta.com
peachstateposse.com
z06vette.com
svtperformance.com
forums.evolutionm.net
gadsm.org
evolutionm.net

the event if approved will take place in January or most likely February so those inputs would be welcome as well. If anyone has more forums that may be interested then let me know so they can be included as well. This is an event for people who love cars so leave your egos and prejudices at home. Let's make this a great event for all those in the Atlanta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 08:28 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2002
RE: Atlanta commerce track rental and year one tour

This sounds great. Hopefully it will pan out. If so, please send the details out, price, dates, etc. I'm itching to get my 190 16v on the track. If you need help, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Mathieu J. Cama
Old World Automotive
Vintage Mercedes Repair and Mechanical Restoration
Serving the Mercedes community since 1986
Lawrenceville, GA
cama@oldworldauto.com

1961 Unimog 404S
1965 190c
1967 250s (for sale)
1970 280sl
1970 280se
1971 280se 5 speed
1978 280slc 4 speed
1982 280te
1982 300sd
1983 300sd
1983 240d 3.0 4 speed
1984 300d 5 speed (sold)
1985 500sel Euro w/ hydromat
1986 190e 2.3-16
1989 560sec AMG
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2005
(Thread Starter)
RE: Atlanta commerce track rental and year one tour

I have spoken with Kevin and he says that the event will be however it isdecided. He did mention that the weather could still be crappy at the time so the later the better. He also said that we could do the event "Fast Friday" style on a friday night with a your earlier that day and open up the track at about 7 I thought it may be better for a saturday but I will let the majority chime in on this as well. He has lots of awesome cars at his facility including the blue and white (camaro i think) that was in 2 Fast 2 Furious that jump and crashed into the yacht and plenty of cars that were from the dukes of hazzrd movie as well. He also has tonsof custom built hotrods that they build many from the ground up. I know people will have to work and dont want to have to rush so let me know if saturday would be a better day. Im also trying to make it a weekend thing and have a day at Road Atlanta the following day. This would be an awesome event but to do everything may require some registration and maybe a small fee to ensure that people show up, but any proceeds would be donated to charity! Im going to start an official sign up thread so start showing your support so we can make this happen!!!!!!!!

D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in