NYC, Tri-State Meet, Sunday July 13th @ Bear Mtn. State Park - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2003 E500 Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
NYC, Tri-State Meet, Sunday July 13th @ Bear Mtn. State Park

Hello all,

If you are in the NYC area or would like to drive up/down for the day. We are trying to have a meet on Sunday July 13th at Bear Mtn. State Park. We will be meeting just outside NYC at Palisades Park Mall (approx. 10mins. south of the Tappanzee Bridge) then driving up to Bear Mtn. where we will be having a BBQ'.

If you are interested and would like more info. (meeting times, exact meeting location(s)) please e-mail me at: jasonfrushon@aol.com

I was not involved in arranging last years meet but they said that they had a very good turn out. It is a nice drive from the mall to Bear Mtn. and once we are there we will be set up by a lake for the BBQ'. Should be a fun time! I would love to see a good representation of all the models and years there!

Thanks and hope to see you there!
Jay

JaysE500
2003 E500 Sport, Brilliant Silver w/Charcoal Sport Int. Lorinser RS6(20x9 front & 20x10 rear), Lorinser Rear Window & Trunk Spoiler, CL Grill w/ flat hood orniment, Alpine Navigation, Alpine 7" wide screen monitor, Single disc. DVD, K40 360 w/ Lazer Jammer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 10:48 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '99 SLK 230 - White
Sounds cool! I am off so I should be able to make it!!

-NJ CoolBreeze
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2003, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
cool see you there!...

cool see you there!

JaysE500
2003 E500 Sport, Brilliant Silver w/Charcoal Sport Int. Lorinser RS6(20x9 front & 20x10 rear), Lorinser Rear Window & Trunk Spoiler, CL Grill w/ flat hood orniment, Alpine Navigation, Alpine 7" wide screen monitor, Single disc. DVD, K40 360 w/ Lazer Jammer
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:37 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Vehicle: 1999 silver slk 230
what time??? ...

what time???

http://www.acalltosanity.com
AND
http://www.acalltosanity.com/phpbb2 (forum)

Check and change your tranny fluid for 722.6 trannies !!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:38 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

i will be there,, what time are u meeting at the mall?? in front of target??...

i will be there,, what time are u meeting at the mall?? in front of target??

AND

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 02:37 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: '99 SLK 230 - White
What time is the meet?!?! Also...

Are we all bringing our own food, or will you set all that up? Do you want a few bucks from everyone who attends if you do bring all the food? How much do you want? Do you want anyone to help with buying stuff? Soda? Chips? Etc...? Have many people have been getting back to you by e-mail? How many people do you expect?

Have you been posting to all the different forums about the meet, or have you only left info here in the Events forum? Maybe you can write a quick post to all the forums telling everyone in the tri-state area to check out the Events forum about the meet. I hava a feeling many people do not visit the Events forum and might not know about the meet.

Please post some of this info!

Thanks for setting this up!

-NJ CoolBreeze

-NJ CoolBreeze
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
We will be meeting at the Home Depot at the Palisades Mall at 11:30am. Food and Bever...

We will be meeting at the Home Depot at the Palisades Mall at 11:30am.

Food and Beverage will be brought by all.

There is a String on the MBworld.com forum for events & gatherings.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43505&perpage=10&pagenu mber=6

I have posted info. on all the forums and the feedback is so so.... I will post the exact itinerary for the day as soon as i know it.

JaysE500
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Sunday July 13th- We are going to meet in the Anthony Wayne Recreation Area which is e...

Sunday July 13th-
We are going to meet in the Anthony Wayne Recreation Area which is exit 17 off of the Pallisades pkwy.

Meet agenda;
We will meet at 11:30 am. From 11:30 -12:30 we'll hang out shoot the sh!t, get acquainted, drink beer.

Food;
We'll start cooking when we get hungry. There are grills in the park, and lots of available parking, and space for drifting, spin outs, etc.

If you want to eat or drink something specific, bring it. Otherwise, I will bring enough generic soda, water, hotdogs, and hamburgers for about 10 people, unless more people acknowledge the roll call.

Cruise;
Around 2:00 pm we will set out to cruise the mountain roads. The twisties are amazing and there are abundant places to stop for scenic views and photgraphs. We'll head out when we are ready to call it the day. I have a date in NYC afterwards and I can lead people back to the metro area.

Getting to the event;
I will be in south jersey for an autox on Sat., and I will be sleeping in Toms River. If anyone would like to caravan from the south jersery, shore, or central area, please let me know and we will make arrangements. Expect to leave at about 9:30am.

Other brands;
We are all enthusiasts to spend our Sunday celebrating our vehicles and friends. Please invite, or post links to the meet on other forums, invite friends, family, whoever, as long as they are not someone you would expect to embarASS you or insult us. It is very simple, respect, fun, and an enjoyable day.

Here are directions;
Anthony Wayne Recreation Area and Bear Mountain Park are situated in the Harriman State Park, and are about 40 miles north of NYC.

For those coming from NJ, take either I-287 or the Garden State Pkwy to Palisdaes Pkwy north, and off at exit 17. For those coming from Long Island, NYC boroughs and Westchester, take the Tappan Zee Bridge west to Palisades Pkwy north, and off at exit 17. For those coming from Connecticut, take I-84 west to I-684 south to Tappan Zee Bridge west to Palisades Pkwy north, and off at exit 17.

If I missed anything, please let me know, and I will modify the post.

If you think it is a good idea to delete this "official" thread, and start an Official thread with this post and the current role call, please let me know and it will be done.

Also, let me know if you would like to join me at Saturday's AutoX at Englishtown. No 1/4 mile, AutoX...

JaysE500
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 07:54 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

i showed up at home depot but no one was there !! hours later,, ended up meeting a fe...

i showed up at home depot but no one was there !!

hours later,, ended up meeting a fellow slk forum enthusiast (nj cool breeze)

AND

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2003, 10:18 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: ML55 AMG and 420SEL
RE: NYC, Tri-State Meet, Sunday July 13th @ Bear Mtn. State Park

where is the NJ/NYC crew?
anyone going to the nyc mtg this friday?

http://members.cardomain.com/izzodesh
-home of the 420 and ML55

we ride together we die together..
bad boys for life 8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in