Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Original lug bolt size

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  television 
#1 ·
Hey folks. I bought for wheels that came off a 98 500sl. The guy had no bolts. The bolts I have on there now are ok, but I'd like to find original bolts. These are 18 inch wheels. Anyone with any information or a picture even of one of these bolts, please help. Thank you very much.

#2 ·
Oddly enough I had the same issue myself when I lost a bolt while changing a tire in the pre-dawn hours on the side of the highway. I went to the dealer for a genuine bolt, thinking that all cars of the same year would have the same bolts. According to my local MB dealer that's not the case, and they had to take one of my remaining ones to the back of the shop to match it up against others in stock.

By the way, it was kind of crazy expensive at around $10 for a single bolt.

#3 ·
Send me a photo and I may have what you need. I collected a bunch of lugs for a long while and now have a pretty good selection of various sizes. Can do a full set.

#4 ·
All 129 came with 12mm radius bolts, these cars used the extended head type that brought the head out flush with the wheel face, the snag was that these could snap off in the cut away section. In the USA Ebay a firm sells these bolts, but not with a cut away shank, making them as strong as normal short bolts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.