Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

wheel & tire set up formy MB

860 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Carbuff 
#1 ·
Hi guys, greeting from Mumbai, India.

Luke, I drive a W210 E220 CDI which is a 2001 model. I have recently upgraded my wheel & tire package from 215/55/16 on factory wheels (elegance) to 245/45/17 on 8JX17 ET 37 (W211 avant-garde 5 spoke wheels).

The car starts coasting to the left as soon as I take my hands of the steering wheel; there is a similar coasting effect to the right but not as intense (on the same side of the road)

We drive on the left side as opposed to the US and the roads are heavily cambered as in say Italy. I was advised to go in for a larger sidewall as against 235/45/17 for the road conditions are not consistent. The MB service station in India has checked all the alignment figures/chassis accuracy/suspension condition, and everything seems to be in order. Is this a common feature with low profile setups? What is your take on this? Also MB has put taller dampers/springs (bad road package) for all cars to be sold in India.

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.