Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My car has been around ....

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bl665 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I just wanted to tell all of you how dirty my car is. I have been trying to get rid of this spot by my shift knob for a while can't find anything to get it off and what is it !! ???? :confused:

Is there any product out there that could help me with this !!

Secondly I have a sort of Drip coming down right above my door handle ... Had no idea how It got there Once again just want to know of maybe a solution to get rid of the "stain" lol

I figured I'd save the easiest for last Please can someone recommend me a alloy cleaner for my wheels !!! :crybaby2:

They need a cleaning and after that a coat or two of some wax ... I just can't find cleaner that works that great or efficient.

Any Ideas are appreciated Thanks !!! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure what the first stain is. Is it on top of the panel, or has it soaked in?

For the drip on the paint, try using a clay bar. It may get it off.

I don't usually use wheel cleaner, but any brand, with some scrubbing, will do wonders.

#4 ·
Your first spot looks like water lifted the coating underneath. Not much you can do about that. If it is a surface spot, something mild like a plastic polish might work. Hard to tell if it is above or below the surface from the picture.

Your second spot looks like clearcoat damage. It looks like something caustic ate away at the cc. It may/may not be corrected/or reduced with a light to mild polish like mentioned above, but should be done with a machine as opposed to hand for best results. Judging from the picture, it looks to me like the cc is gone, and that means professional help.

A good, inexpensive wheel cleaner is Eagle 1 A2Z Wheel Cleaner. You can get this at almost any car store. Make sure you follow directions and do not let the product dwell on the rim too long, and don't use on hot rims. Make sure you can use a good wheel brush along with this product to maximize it's cleaning ability. Then protect wheels with a good sealant as opposed to a wax. With a few exceptions, most waxes will break down under the heat of the wheel, where sealants are more durable.

#5 ·
Awesome thanks for all the tips !!
The first pic it feels like it is on top of the plastic. How would water raise it though seems pretty hard to do :?

Ya I need to get a buffer machine and detail the paint really well. My friend says to use a Gel wax any recommendations ????

Ya I got Meguiars Alloy cleaner the other night I plan on seeing how well it works today :D

Any Ideas about Sealants for the Rims ???

Thanks peoples of Benz World !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.