Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rubber floor mats

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  togwt 
#1 ·
Now that winter is "over", I want to clean my rubber floor mats but they still look like crap even after they've been scrubbed. How can I get them looking pristine without spraying them with tire=black or armorall? I've tried magic eraser but that didn't work.

#2 ·
Try pressure washing it. The only real other things I could think of doing would be spraying it with tire dressing or interior detailer.

#3 ·
If you don't have a power washer, then use the pressure hose at a self-clean car wash. It might not remove all the of the residue, but should get rid of most of the dirt. Rubber mats also seen to clean easier if slightly warmed by the sun or just hotter temps.

If you treat them with a vinyl/rubber sealant, be selective in what you use, as some solvent products will be very oily/greasy, so I would suggest a water-based product, which will need more frequent application, but more user-friendly that solvents. As an example, you might try some Perl for longer protection, and there are others as well.

#4 · (Edited)
Rubber Floor Mats

Remove from interior and use a power washer or hose to remove any loose dirt and grime. Use a rubber cleaner (Menzerna Wheel Surface and Tyre Cleaner or 3M Tyre & Wheel Cleaner -39036) this will remove any dead rubber road dirt and grime. The porous nature of rubber and polymers attracts dirt, dust, and brake dust and road grime. Use ultra violet radiation (UV-B) protection to avoid colour fading (303 Space Protectant)

DO NOT USE tyre dressing on floor mats or brake pedals as they will create a slippery surface

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.