Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

colored car wax/protectant

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ttdang123 
#1 ·
I am somewhat new to car detailing, I know enough not to damage the paint but thats about it. Every vehicle I have owned has been either black, or a dark color but my current vehicle is white. I want to give it a good wash after this horrible Cleveland winter along with some protectant/wax. I am wondering if there is a wax/protectant that is not white so I can actually see what Im doing? Please dont slam me if my wording is off, im trying to learn.

Thanks

#2 ·
We actually get this question quite a bit on our tech line. We had a limited edition Hot Wheels wax some years ago that was blue, and I loved using it on white vehicles, but it was phased out due to the program running its course.

If you work in good light and methodically, you shouldn't have any problem seeing where you're waxing.

Wash thoroughly, clay, apply a dressing to your trim, and then wax. I like our PowerBall 4Paint for applying wax or cleaner wax as it allows you to cover everything thoroughly without really any added effort.

Check out our How To videos at mothers.com.

#4 ·
White is very tough to track your application on because it seems to blend into the paint. A couple of suggestions- Only apply your wax/protectant one panel at a time and/or use a light (flashlight, spot or halogen, etc) to highlight the area so you can see where you have been.

Lots of options for paint protection. Sealants tend to last longer, carnuba waxes tend to have a better glow/gloss, which some prefer.

Duragloss out of NC makes some great products for white paint, like their 501 polish followed by 601/105 sealant combo. It makes white pop big-time. There products are cost effective, provide great durability and are easy on/off.

Surf the net to research the many, many products available to help meet your needs.

#5 ·
try DoDo juice, everything that they make is amazing. they have a website dodo juice usa. check them out, I have a white 2007 ml350, i had my detailer do a complete detail using my dodo juice products, I have never seen a white car shine like this, it is amazing stuff, they have a full line and I love everything that i have tried.

#6 ·
Thanks everyone for your help, I think I am going to try the P21S and see how that works out for the summer, then will put a protectant on it before winter. I will use it on my wifes Jeep which is Red Rock Crystal Pearl which really shines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.