Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

car polish by own

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  1984babybenz 
#1 ·
I just bought a black 2006 c230s. I want to keep the shine and protect scratches and the color. Do you suggest I could wax it by myself. If yes, what are the things I should do. Are the car polishing stuffs in Adanced are good to use?
Thanks

#2 ·
Before waxing, I would use a clay bar on the car. I use meguiars nxt generation tech wax 2.0, and it should go on after you wash and claybar.

You can find these at advanced auto. They have plenty of good things there.

#4 ·
Waxing makes it even shinier in my experience. Also keeps the paint protected, which is more important than shine to me.

#5 ·
You should wash, clay, polish and wax. Follow washings with a spray wax.

You can polish and wax in one step or multiple steps -- the choice is up to you and will depend mostly on the condition of your paint.

Advance Auto carries a broad variety of products, but don't be afraid to a few dollars extra for a trusted brand.

California Gold Carnauba Cleaner Wax or FX SynWax would be excellent choices for a one-step cleaner wax, and of course we make a broad array of quality products for your finish, but there are plenty of choices.

#6 ·
^exactly what MothersPolish said.

I wax with a normal wax once a month, and use this synthetic wax after each wash.
It is really easy to put on and take off. Only takes a few mins.
Turtle Wax - ICE Liquid Polish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.