-- 1986 300 series
--1979 450 SLC
--1976 450 SL
WHAT SHOULD I DO???
every price is at 5000$
Is this a bad idea??
I am 18 years old, every car runs...
PLEASE GIVE ADVICE AND OPINIONS
I understand your anxiety and vision of the things, but... My advise of 3/4 century on this earth is: 'Don't buy a car that was made before you came to this world. They can only be toys for tinkerers and collectors. So, if you have to earn a living or go to school, and need a daily driver, I don't think you should buy any of those.' Keep in mind that fixing these cars will be as complex, time consuming and expensive as fixing a new technology model just out from the oven, with a minus: the number of mechanics familiar with these cars technologies is dwindling to a point that an honest expert will be very difficult to find and will probably charge expensive rates. Most MB dealers will be milking the situation and carrying you from bad to worse, if they accept to work on any of these cars at all.

Good luck to you, JV.

#5 ·
I understand your anxiety and vision of the things, but... My advise of 3/4 century on this earth is: 'Don't buy a car that was made before you came to this world. They can only be toys for tinkerers and collectors. So, if you have to earn a living or go to school, and need a daily driver, I don't think you should buy any of those.'
I have to disagree with this. Both of the cars I own were made before I was born considering I'm only 18. Sure I have spent a decent ammount of time working on them, but it's what I like doing. The reason I bought a second car was so that I could have it at school and I wouldn't worry about my Mercedes getting scratched, not because I needed a newer daily driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.