Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Leather Seat fixing

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  auxana 
#1 ·
Hi All
I have a rapture in the leather seat of my car. I've attached two photos showing that.
I wanted to check if someone can advise me what are the options to fix this problem!

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You need to fix it in 2 steps. Step 1 fortifies the fix with step 2.
1. Buy a bicycle tube repair kit ($5). It comes with a few adhesive pads. Slide the pad behind the crack with the sticky face facing outside, half of it sticks to the bad section, half sticks to the good section for support. You may need to use 2-3 pads if the tear is long.
2. Buy a "as seen on TV" leather/vinyl repair kit ($10). Follow the direction on the package.

#4 ·
Hello,
Sand the area around the tear with a 240 grit sandpaper, this gives a little more for the low heat compound to grip to. Take a piece of underpatch material and slide the under patch under the tear with a pair of tweezers, allowing about a 1/2" on the inside all the way around. I usually cut my patches in a circular shape, it makes it a little easier to slide under. You can use different types of under patches, I like the kind that is coated on one side with a heat activated glue.

good luck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.