Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Window trim rubber help!

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  tenacious707 
#1 ·
Whats up guys I just got a beautiful white 2010 c300 and i love it, so happy to join the benz community.. My only gripe with the outside is the window trim rubber on the driver side up by the roof has slight fading... Does anyone know a product I could put on it to make it look new or take out the fading?? Needed some good advice from fellow benz owners before I go and try out some stuff that might ruin it... Any advice would be much appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

#5 ·
For rubber parts, I use tire shine. It keeps the rubber looking like new, while also protecting it.

#7 ·
If you have oxidation on trim, Back-to-Black applied with a little pressure using a cotton terry cloth towel helps to aid removal of that oxidation in some cases a little better than a microfiber applicator as it has more "bite." Re-application within a few days or weeks might be necessary in some cases, but it is often less frequent as the trim responds.

If your trim is damaged beyond a change of color, a trim restorer may not help.

If you have a particular challenge, post some photos to provide some insight.

#9 ·
Whats up guys, tried out the back to black.. Pretty good results.. I had to apply it 4 or 5 times but it came out nice. I would give it a shot if you only have light fading on your trim. Here are some flicks sorry for the quality there off my phone.

befpre

after

another after

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.