Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Vanity Mirror Repair

22K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  dleman 
#1 · (Edited)
I have noticed that the plastic cover that hides the mirror seems to break off on a few models. I have fixed a few and decided to share my method with others.
I am aware that it may not be the best "looking" solution, but it is stronger than the original design.
Time required: 35mins
Car used for solution: W210 E200k

Technology Electronics

Vehicle door Auto part Ceiling

Vehicle door Auto part Technology Electronic device

Parallel Electrical network

Finger Hand Nail

Text Hand Photo caption Adaptation Finger

Font Photo caption

Bumper Technology Hand Finger Automotive exterior

Hand

I tried solution into the required limit of the forum but i had four more pics that needed to be added. I added them in the next post.

See less See more
#6 ·
#8 ·
have you got a pic of it?

mbvis, really - hardly had a women notice something like that unless they are engineering ladies who well you know what i mean...

When the flap opens and the lady sees the mirror, her eyes are like a moth to a flame, and as Matalica says "nothing else matters"

#13 ·
I had the same problem of broken vanity mirror hinges, this time on a 2007 ML63. How can a hundred grand car have such shabby plastics?? I tried prying the mirror housing off the sunvisor but it would just not come off and I was terrified I was going to break the housing and compound the repair!!. So I glued the separated hinge (small plastic bar) back in place on the cover and now the cover can't be refitted because it's too wide. So I filed off about .25 mm from the end of the undamaged side of the hinge and pryed the case apart enough to slip the cover back into place. I also used a small screwdriver to push the spring clips on both sides back into the housing so the hinges don't break again. Total repair time 10 mins, cost zero ( I had the Superglue) It's all cosmetically perfect and fully functional EXCEPT that the spring clips no longer hold the covers up when you open the cover. I can live with that.. its all about appearances for me .. these mirrors are really for the ladies anyway .. :) .. !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.