post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2011
Vehicle: R350 Bluetec - W251 - 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ON, Windsor

My R500 was first registered in Florida, and I live in Canada. In my experience, the service department of MB dealership in Windsor - Overseas Motors is good. They treat customers very well and do not appear to reflect the Mercedes Benz Canada attitude about US registered vehicles/Canadian owners. Being part of the Rafih Automotive Group with dealerships in the US may have something to do with it.

Last edited by pedra; 11-07-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 06:04 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet 2003 S500 4Matic 2004 S55 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Are you kidding me? I took my 2003 S500 in for an alignment and was quoted $3,200 for front end work. I took it then to my local garage, put it up on the hoist and did everything to find loose or worn front end parts. No luck! The local mechanic (not a claimed Mercedes expert) suggested it could be a defective (broken belt Michelin) front tire. After rotating the tire to the back and finding the problem followed the rotation we concluded it was a bad tire. I changed all 4 tires (new Michelins) and the car ran beautifully.

I got in touch with the general manger at Mercedes Windsor and suggested his front end technician was either incompetent or crooked. He assured me he would check into the issue and get back to me. Guess what? I never heard from him again.

If you want this type of service then sure go to Windsor Mercedes. Be wary - be very wary!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2011
Vehicle: 1979 280 CE

If you are near Windsor,Ontario have a look at JH Resto on Walker Road. I have 1979 280ce and the boys have done a great job with my car.New throttle linkage and they also got rid of a gas smell that I had for almost 2 years! Took out fuel tank and did their magic..re-sealed it, new fuel filter and overflow hose and now it is perfect! You won't be disappointed! Ask for Jesse!

4880 Walker Rd. Unit D
Windsor, Ontario N9A 6
Phone: (519) 737-8902

Last edited by kathig; 04-20-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: add mechanics name
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2011
Vehicle: R350 Bluetec - W251 - 2012
(Thread Starter)
Windsor Area MB Service and Repair

I have been advised by others that Euro-Motors have a good reputation, and I will certainly look at them when or if the warranty expires on my R500. This car presently has a third-party warranty with Lubrico, who use Ondre at O & O Motors for repairs in the Windsor area. This is a no frills, low overhead repair shop run by a guy who knows cars and is very reasonable. He will only use approved or official part suppliers etc.
Based on my experience with Lubrico, I would insure any vehicle with them that is outside of the manufacturer’s warranty, particularly one that is complicated, fragile and expensive to fix (at a dealership) as a 2006 MB.
The point about the Windsor MB dealership was that in my experience they were very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. They checked over my newly acquired used R500 from a third-party, told me the vehicle was in very good condition, advised that brake pads and rotors would be required in about 5,000 Km, and recommended an oil change/maintenance service. They were up front with their costs etc. OK their labor costs were higher than others, but because major parts were not needed, there was no premium priced parts from MB Canada. In fact later on when the navigation unit failed, they located a new unit at a fraction of the published price.
The price of any new quality vehicle includes the cost of warranty servicing, maintenance and the associated overheads of approved dealerships so that the dealerships can provide first class service – for vehicles under warranty. Obviously, work outside of a factory warranty carries the full cost of the dealership service center. You pay for that – one way or the other.
Most cars today in all price categories are expensive to repair because modular units are used in their construction and the electronics and engine management systems are increasingly complex. In my view the high-level design and engineering of MB vehicles of the 2006 era appears to be let down by fragile parts and components. The good news is that because of the quality engineering design, MB cars can be fixed and are certainly more durable than other makes.
My 2006 R500 is in great shape and is much superior to apparently similar new vehicles of more popular makes. I would have to spend more than $60,000 for a new replacement of another make, but I would loose much more money and most importantly, they don’t seem to drive like the MB R500.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: