post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 1981 500 SLC AMG, 1997 SL500 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Ter54 View Post
I am a bit curious about something. When I took my SL500 to London about the pump replacement they informed me that besides the pump & fluid , they wre replacing the suspension ball ( $330 ). Can anyone tell me what the suspension ball is? Thanx.
Ball Joint?

Sponsored Links
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 02:37 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Apr 2011
Vehicle: 2005 SL500
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had my car at the London dealership for a new ABC pump brfore I came to this forum. They replaced the pump , $2070 , air reservoir $221.80 , oil filter $40.90 , hydraulic fluid $34.40 , labour $804 total with tax came to $3824.26. This is what they did. Replace pump & pressure ball inside left front wheel housing , flush system & perform rodeo & replace filter again , clear codes with das. If anyone is experiencing ABC problems , this is about what you might have to spend at the dealership. The service was very good even though I didn't buy my car there & they kept old parts in case I wanted to see them. I am going back to London on a nicer day so I can visit these 2 places Rob mentioned & talk to them. Thank you for the sugestions.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:13 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Apr 2007
I wouldn't take my car there. I recently had my car there for a strut diagnostics, they charged me $500 to tell me they think its the front right strut while both front and rear right shocks went down to the ground over night. Then I went in to pay and picked the car up it was sitting level, so I drove it for a couple of days and asked them several times why the car sits level fine now and they told me they can adjust the shocks with the computer. So i told them it cant be the strut if you can adjust it.
2 days later they called me and told me not to drive the car because there is a wedge holding the suspension up! Luckily it didnt pop off and cause an accident. and after all that they act like they did nothing wrong, they just told me to tow it in so they can remove the wedge, which doesn't make sense.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:21 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 2000 Mercedes S430 W220
Anyone know of a MB mechanic in or near Chatham ON?

I have a 2000 Mercedes S430. The front of the car always stays lower than the back. If I it park it for long the front seems to go down and the pump always stays on during the driving until I reach 60 kilometres per hour. Front 2 Struts are new. Pump is very loud all the time. Any suggestions?
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 2013 E350 4MATIC and 1969 280 SL My special Toy
Lifetime Premium Member
I've purchased in the past 3 years 2 new MB cars. First one from the original MB London Dealership (a C350 4MATIC) and the latest one from the new Finch MB Dealership (a E350 4MATIC). Service was always under warrenty naturally you had to pay for it (not like BMW where it is included in the purchase price).

As others have mentioned, service has improved since Finch took over the place also true if you purchased your car south of the border they might not like to work on your car, then the old saying goes "we do anything for money" well almost anything

Earlier this year I had some work done on my 1969 280 SL at MB Dealership. My door locks did not work and I needed it to work. They gave me an estimate and I then had the work done. It turned out that a part was missing that caused the driver side door lock not to work. The shop foreman worked on it himself and manufactured the missing part on the spot. Repair cost including tax and missing part was very reasonable.

Had some mechanical work done on my 280 at Fanshawe Motors Ltd, Adrian took good care of me with reasonable rates. Adrian tells me that he will be building a new shop and expects it to be completed by spring. The new shop will be at the same location.

Should any of you need some parts or help with your BENZ there is a shop located on French Line, Port Lambton, ON. Dan C. has been working on MB cars for the past 35 years mostly the vintage type and knows them like the back of his hand … nice guy he has done work on my car (the 280) if you need to contact him here is his e-mail

----> Dan the Benz Dr. SL Barn <benzbarn@kent.net>

Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

1969 restored 280 SL and 2013 MB E350 4MATIC

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 09:00 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: May 2016
Originally Posted by shaun88 View Post
The Mecedes dealer in London is great if you bought your car from them otherwise they don't give a shit.
They were very rude at the dealership with me too! I needed to ask a couple of questions and I was told "we close in 15 minutes so come back tomorrow". In fact I had a hard time even having the guy to turn around and acknowledge my existence. I would rather not give them my business.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: